Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

I've got alot of work to do....

I'm going to a spring creek tonight, a very notable stream (at least in Western Washington) called Rocky Ford.

So I've got a ton of tying to do! I just called my friend at the fly shop and got the heads up on working fly patterns, he gave me the following list:

*Scuds

*Para-Adams #16-#18-#20's

*Ants and hoppers

*Wooly Bugger-type streamers

*Midges

*Small PT Nymphs

So if I don't resurface from the vice in two hours, send someone in for me! :lol:

Tokarak Special

Black Marabou tall

Black Saddle hackle

Light olive or olive ice chenille

Cats Killer

Black Marabou

Peacock herl

Red Saddle Hackle

Jan how did you make out? I hope got a good one on one of those new flies.

Thanks Ian, but I only caught one fish--a 7-inch squawfish. Not exactly the species I wanted to catch. Its a Catch-and-release only stretch and so the fish are pretty darn smart, or at least smarter than me apperantly!

I've had days where you can see them but nothing is rising. No matter what you throw or how much you try to stay out of sight there just not interested. I found if you go the day before a major storm they bite like crazy, it's like they know it's coming and need to stock up for a few days. Glad you made it out.

Ian

I've had days where you can see them but nothing is rising. No matter what you throw or how much you try to stay out of sight there just not interested. I found if you go the day before a major storm they bite like crazy, it's like they know it's coming and need to stock up for a few days. Glad you made it out.

Ian

Overcast skies, 65 degrees, and the day before a storm = best. fishing. ever.

Sorry to hear that Jan but you COULD be like me and spend 3 hours at the pond and not even get a bluegill :wallbash:

Yeah, good thing I caught that little pikeminnow....it saved me from getting skunked! :crying: Oh the emotional damage that can do to a guy :cry: