Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

Parking scissors

Picked this one up. Don't put your scissors down. I keep my scissors in my hand at all times. I slip the handle over my pinkie and the scissors are out of the way, and in cutting position ( 1st finger and thumb), quicker then it takes me to think about it. Faster tying for sure.

Art

Art, I tried that the other day.. I gotta say i would never have thought of that.. but it works nicely and it does cut down on tying time, and the frustration of losing your scissors under a pack of hackle ... cursing.gif good tip man cheers.gif

I do the same thing, just a little different. I keep one loop of the scissors on my index finger then I just take the rest of the scissors and hold them in my palm. When you ready to use them you just stick you thumb in and your ready to cut.

I do the same as you Will, except I have the scissors on my middle finger and thumb when using them. Great thing to get in the habit of.

However, one word of caution. I have on several occasions, almost stuck the scissors in my eye when scratching my forehead or something since the tips are pointing towards the sky. blink.gif It's one of those 'I can see myself doing it' deals, so I'm pretty conscious of those points at all times.

I tried botht the middle and index finger, and just didn't like the way that it felt. I can quickly roll the handle off of my ring finger, stick it into my index finger, cut and return it back to my ring finger in a split second. this gives me full freedom of my tying finger. Seems like alot of work, but Ican do it without thinking.

Art

I like the off-set finger rings on the blue scissors I have. The off-set, bendable loop fits perfectly over the ring finger and they are always ready to use without changing finger position. I think they're made by Anvil. They are not the most expensive and not the highest in quality but they are workhorses and VERY comfortable.

Sign in to follow this