Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2009 FTOTY

2009 FTOTY  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This year, definitely! I'll be submitting some steelhead flies and some streamers, Maybe a nymph and one for the itty bitty fly category.

I'm not going to participate because competition is not something I desire, either in fishing or fly tying. Several friends have asked me why I don't get involved in competitive fishing and I told them that fishing is relaxing to me and competition would only add stress. The same goes for fly tying. I only tie for myself and the fish. Good luck, though, to all those who participate.

I personally don't consider this a competition in any way shape or form. I see the FTOTY "contest" as a way to give credit to some amazing tyers and reward the tyers here that exemplify excellence in tying. The medals and prizes are an after thought as far as I am concerned. I just love seeing good tying and camaraderie and the FTOTY is a great way to do just that!

There is a mouse category! its the deer hair -topwater (bass bug) catagory. when you are tying it instead of thinking of bass, say Eat me mr. trout, eat me mr. trout. If you say that 720 times while you are spinning and stacking your deer hair mouse, and turn off spell check when you input the recipe on the digital form it will magically be a winner!

I am going to enter a few categories. Not sure what yet.

I am in Will, and Thank you for all your work to pull the contest off. Some time I want to do a fly in all categories, not sure I can pull that off this year, but would really like to.

Cheers, Jeff aka Futzer.