Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

Major kudos on the Apex!!!!!!!

My Anvil Apex just arrived in the mail.........................and WOW.....This vise reaks of quality. I would certainly recomend this vise to anyone :headbang: :headbang:

The ease of use astounds me..excellent cam action....jumping from a junky Thompson to this bad boy was really something. Holds big hooks and little hooks alike as solid as a rock. Very smooth rotory as well. One SWEET vise. :headbang: :punk:

Heres ma baby B) :

016.jpg

Jan

I've seen them in magazines and always wondered about the quality because the price is fantastic. Glad you have a new toy for your creations. I hope you can still tie those algae flies. :hyst:

Congrats Jan... I went to the fly shop to buy a peak 3 years ago, left with the anvil and have been happy ever since.

C

Sweet! the apex sure is a quality tool, Anvil did a great thing when it make this vise. I am also growing more and more delighted with the rotory funtion, makes everything a bit easier :headbang:

I tie on an Anvil Atlas. They are great vises. Just a suggestion though... The tool steel on those jaws have a tendencey to get a little bit of surface rust on them in humid weather. A little 3 in1 oil on the jaws every once in a while will prevent that.

I tie on an Anvil Atlas. They are great vises. Just a suggestion though... The tool steel on those jaws have a tendencey to get a little bit of surface rust on them in humid weather. A little 3 in1 oil on the jaws every once in a while will prevent that.

Thanks for the tip, will remember that :) The Atlas is a pretty cool tool! If ever I was to invest in a true rotory that would be it

Jan, hasn't that junkie old Anvil fallen apart yet?

You've had it about a week haven't you? :j_k:

Seriously, I'm glad it's a good quality vise and you

like it.

Mike