Fly Tying
Pelhament

FTOTY Ethical Question

FTOTY Ethical Question  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that if you present your fly on here first you could have a advantage. Example 4 people post flies on the forum and get there feedback. And then they inter them in the contest all 4 in the same class. I go to vote and see the 4 flies then it could become a popularity contest not a tying contest

Rocky

I think wether it is ethical has been answered . whether it is a good move or not will play out different for each fly and participant. In one catagory such as realistics all members will vote, but most don't tie or even view the realistics posted here. The vast majority of tiers here would be coldwater fishermen , if I had to take a guess . But all will probably vote on the deerhair bass bugs . How many spend time looking at warmwater patterns? I guess what I'm trying to get across is just because it's been posted before does not necessarily become either an addvantage or dis advantage. If kept annonomus(sp) all flies will be judged as seen in the photos against other flies depicted in the same manner. Come up with a fly that appeals to the most viewers and you win.

Fred

I think that if you present your fly on here first you could have a advantage. Example 4 people post flies on the forum and get there feedback. And then they inter them in the contest all 4 in the same class. I go to vote and see the 4 flies then it could become a popularity contest not a tying contest

Rocky

I think wether it is ethical has been answered . whether it is a good move or not will play out different for each fly and participant. In one catagory such as realistics all members will vote, but most don't tie or even view the realistics posted here. The vast majority of tiers here would be coldwater fishermen , if I had to take a guess . But all will probably vote on the deerhair bass bugs . How many spend time looking at warmwater patterns? I guess what I'm trying to get across is just because it's been posted before does not necessarily become either an addvantage or dis advantage. If kept annonomus(sp) all flies will be judged as seen in the photos against other flies depicted in the same manner. Come up with a fly that appeals to the most viewers and you win.

Fred

I fish cold, well not much choice. My South is your North. :hyst:

I look at all flies..types of tying. Being a newbie I am still trying and looking for my niche. Some..well I put them out there but because I beleive we should or no one would show their flies, gotta start somewhere. As far as the voting on the contest. To be honest.. Last year I had to do research on what a certain fly was suppose to look like, so it was great. Still do not know who did which one. (should look that up).

I entered some, pathetic as they were. Learnt a lot. It is just good for the soul and all round fun. Besides..it gives you braggin rights over a cool one at your local. :yahoo: