Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Lance Kekel

Ellet - Off-line

Hey,

Ellet gave me a call last night and asked me to let everyone know he was going to be offline again for a little bit. He's back in the hospital again with another infection in his his knee. It sounded fairly serious to me in that they are looking at possibly another surgery to keep it from spreading further into the joint. Say a prayer for him. It sounds like if the infection gets down into the joint area he could potentially loose his leg.

I'm home. They cut me loose after a week in the hospital and told me to go home and heal. I have a 2 inch wide hole in the side of my leg, about half to three quarters of an inch deep that I have to repack with gauze twice a day. I am hooked up to a battery powered IV pump that shoots antibiotics into me 24/7. So far, the joint is not infected, but if the infections gets into it, they may have to remove it. Since I lost so much bone during the first two surgeries this year, they may not have enough bone left to work with, meaning, the leg comes off to keep the infection from doing me in. There is a lot of people praying that doesn't happen. I am convinced that I'll be OK. I'll be in touch. Have a good Thanksgiving. Randy

Good to hear you are home and on the mend(?). Hope things go great in the healing process, you have our prayers!