Fly Tying
kindaso

Feathersmc.com

I have been looking for places to find cheap and hard to get materials and read on a recent post about feathersmc.com.

I am extremely interested in some of his products and was wondering if someone could tell me what the general shipping cost would be to determine if I could afford it.

Thanks

I have been looking for places to find cheap and hard to get materials and read on a recent post about feathersmc.com.

I am extremely interested in some of his products and was wondering if someone could tell me what the general shipping cost would be to determine if I could afford it.

Thanks

Go to the Classic and Artistic Salmon Fly Tying Forum and post. John, the owner of FeathersMc, is there and can answer your questions. The thing I would tell you, though, is as far as I know, John's business is totally dedicated to Classic Salmon Flies. Yes, you can buy many materials there, but as I said, all of those are used in the tying of Classic Salmon flies. They could be used in tying others. Some of his materials are inexpensive while others are much more costly because of their scarcity in modern times.

Please post on the Classic forum for your own information. John is a great guy with lots of knowledge who will always be happy to help you if he can.

Ray

Yeah thanks Ray

Probably should have posted it there but I didnt think about it.

I am mostly looking for some goose feathers for my salmon flies beacause the price at my local shop is insanely high.

Thanks

as far as I know, John's business is totally dedicated to Classic Salmon Flies.

Not at all. I've bought several things from FeathersMC, and I've never tied a salmon fly in my life.

Just looked at several receipts from my purchases, and in each case the shipping charge was $5.00. Of course, prices change over time, but I'm sure his shipping charge is reasonable - and the qualilty of his materials is top notch.

Thanks

i put a couple of items in the shopping cart and the shipping was $5. it was the same if i placed 1 item in the cart. try it out and see what you get. alot of shopping carts on most of the online shopping sites work in a similar manner. if the shipping is too high dont complete the transaction.

Picture0001-2.jpg

"Cheap and hard to get" defies the laws of commerce. ;)

Unless you shoot it yourself....and still then, "cheap" is up for debate.