Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

WHAT DO YOU USE THE MOST?

What fly do you use the most?  

790 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dries, whenever givin the choice... more than half the time i fish I would say... something about dry fly fishing that gets my blood movin.. :rockon:

I hear you on that.When i see them breaking the surface.its hard for me not to fish the top of the water column.

shane

Streamers worked actively (not swung) unless I see fish rising or am tired of the same 'ol thing. Species doesn't seem to matter.

one of my favorite rigs is a hopper dropper, dryfly combined with a small nymph.

Tough one. It's close. I'd say I go through phases both tying and fishing where I use lots of a specific fly or style of fly.

Historically, nymph's, and streamer or wet fly variations were my favorite, and though I'd fish known patterns, most often it was a "version" of my own.

The last few years I've fished a lot more dries, and for whatever reason, this past winter my tying was drawn to patterns with a long history. Some I've used for years, some I've only just started to mess with for whatever random reason. I've just found simplicity and comfort in tying what's been tied for decades and have enjoyed it.

I guess it's hard to dial this in the more I think about it...

Nymphs mostly. Montana nymphs have been particularly good to me lately.

But I have a couple lure patterns I like. Cats whiskers. particularly a variation with a hot orange bead head