Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Our River lot on the Wynoochee

Need to get some updated pics of this. But this is my "home waters" nowadays. Grew up on the Puyallup River, but like the more remoteness of the Wynoochee River here in Washington. But these pictures were taking at the end of July. Now, we have it painted, roof all the way on, windows in, deck on, and insulated/sheetrocked. Now just need to mud/tape the inside and do the final install of the stove, sink, etc.

This is looking at the Cabana with the road/parking behind it.

user posted image

Here's looking out the big front window out at our property and the river out front. River is low, so can't see much of it (REALLY low even by summer standards).

user posted image

Next 3 pics are taken at riverside.

River Left

user posted image

Straight ahead

user posted image

River Right

user posted image

This is an excellent river to fish for salmon and steelhead. Luckily, during the summer gets so low that hard to fish, even from a cataraft (unless you have a really nice high floating one which most aren't). Luckily, having the property I can buypass all the private land that hinders others and still fish alot of the productive water. During the fall/winter this place explodes. My king slot is just River Left. Awesome steelhead water River Right pass the diversion dam (you can just see it in the picture). Lots of good fishing water. Mostly a gear river though, but persistant fly fisherman will get into fish. Not a traditional fly water river. But have a blast on it. Plus, homebase here. Have lots of good rivers within an hour or so of here (including the Hoh, Solduc, and Humptulips to the North of here and the Chehalis and Satsop just next door).

So, when I ever get OSD, Will, or Steeldrifter out here, they'll have a place to stay. Promise, I won't lowhole you guys either. wink.gif

That is a great looking spot you got there Jerry, kinda reminds me of Ohio biggrin.gif

Don't be surprised if some little guy in a wheelchair comes knocking on your door sometime soon laugh.gif

Actually, there is a meeting hall at the top of the property (it's a gated community) with wheelchair access there. I can toss some bass in the kiddie pool for Will while the rest of us hit steelhead and salmon. tongue.gif wink.gif

While your place may look like it's in Ohio, the people in Ohio are much nicer. dry.gif

wheelchair.gif

LOL. What? I've been to Ohio, I know better. tongue.gif

Yeah, I guess I can make some arrangements. Even add a hoist to our sleeping loft so I can get you to bed at night. LOL. Not sure how well your wheelchair will go over gravel though, best fishing spots are gravel bars. Better get you those oversized wheelchair tires. Hell, I'll even retrofit one of my cats so you can just roll the wheelchair in and go. biggrin.gif

LOL. I actually don't lowhole, mostly because I know where I want to fish. Very rarely need to worry about lowholing, since I'm at the head of the hole usually wink.gif LOL.

Sign in to follow this