Fly Tying
Barry Kent

The Glen Beck (American Hero)

Glen Beck may not be a quote on quote 'American Hero,' but describing him as a

neo conservative piece of crap
is a bit much. As in alot too much. Glen Beck is one of those guys who is willing to state what knows is right and be proud about it, and not just on a forum with an anonymous title. The man has my respect.

But lets keep this thread on the subject of fly tying, shall we?

Doesn't have enough gold coloration to be called The Glen Beck..........haahahahahahaha... sorry i had to.....

Its Great that you named it after the next Paul Revere! GB is an American hero but no one will know for years to come. and I do not know who wrote neo con bla bla bla but he is not a neo con! Im a neo con! Glen is a libertarian.

It is a well tied nice looking fly for sure . Great job ........Frank

Nice fly, but Glenn Beck is a seditious moron.

Isn't the term "hero" being given around far too easily these days. Heros are the police and firemen who ran into the World Trade Center on 9/11. These are heros http://www.history.army.mil/moh.html. Let's get a little perspective people, GB is a TV and radio personality who hasn't done anything for this country except bitch about it.

a seditious moron

Really? Glenn Beck is a seditious moron? In what way? Because he informs people of the corruption of the government? Because he exposes the lies of power hungry politicians and so called 'enviromentalists?'

Does that make him seditious? No, I don't think so.

I agree that the term hero is used far too liberally these days but the the things you have stated are not true and completely uncalled for.

who hasn't done anything for this country except ------- about it.

About him doing nothing but ******** about the country, that is wholly untrue I am really quite interested where you got that silly notion.

a seditious moron

I deleted my post because it sounded kind of mean :)

Jan,

Do you stand by what you said in the post you deleted? Did you delete it because you felt you were wrong or were you unsure of the responses you would get from certain people? If you felt you were wrong, then OK but if you were worried about other's responses then you should not have deleted it. You should always stand up for what you believe in and use facts to back up your beliefs. In our society, good honest debate has been reduced to name calling and half truths which never solve anything. Stick to your values.

Sincerely,

Rob

I didn't delete it because I was afraid of other peoples responses. I believe 100% in what I posted previously. I just didn't want to start a long fight.

But..here it goes I put the post back up.

TB I agree that your list is a list of true American heroes. but for some of us who see what is going on in our land the guy who runs around like a maniac telling everyone why we need to fight back becomes a hero. So you can keep your thought that GB is not a hero. And Ill keep mine that he is. And I promise not to look down on you for your feelings. I hope you can muster that much respect for me.

TB I agree that your list is a list of true American heroes. but for some of us who see what is going on in our land the guy who runs around like a maniac telling everyone why we need to fight back becomes a hero. So you can keep your thought that GB is not a hero. And Ill keep mine that he is. And I promise not to look down on you for your feelings. I hope you can muster that much respect for me.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. The litany of disingenuous statements, outright lies and race baiting by Beck are well documented. Just Google "Glenn Beck + lies" and follow the links to any number of sources. Or try these sources:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/pe...ies/glenn-beck/ or here;

http://factcheck.org/archives/search-resul...p;sa=Search#791 or here;

http://mediamatters.org/research/200907300019

Calling Beck a hero is an insult to the real heros in this country.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.