Fly Tying
Barry Kent

The Glen Beck (American Hero)

Just Google "Glenn Beck + lies" and follow the links to any number of sources. Or try these sources:

Calling Beck a hero is an insult to the real heros in this country.

1. Troutbum, you can just as easily Google search "Glenn Beck + hero" and find just as if not better results as you would if you Google'd "Glenn Beck + lies". Momentarily, I thought this discussion would come to a close but I guessed wrong so here I am to add my two bits.

First off, there is no one true politician that tells the truth - just doesn't happen. Secondly, he is not a moron. If we're going to deliberate over what words are too liberally used, I'd say "moron" is about equal with "hero".

Secondly, if there IS a politician that tells one truthful thing, this country damns him/her for what he/she said. Case in point, John McCain. Thought I do not find him reasonable nor suit for office, he DID tell the American people what was going on: "we need to stay in the Middle East". And what happened? We bitched. That wasn't what we wanted to hear so we didn't elect him.

Furthermore, what you said about not calling Beck a hero is just arbitrary. People are so quick to dispell people of heroism and yet so quick to announce Barrack Obama as a hero. WTF!?!?. He hasn't even been in office for a year and he's being harolded as an American icon???? Do you know how he got that status? He told America what they wanted to hear rather than what they needed to hear. I'd call, in this situation, Glenn Beck a bigger "hero" than Obama.

It's a shame.

Lastly, remember how Obama fantasized over not raising taxes one single percent for middle class America? You do? Good.

Remember when that bill got passed for universal healthcare? You do? Good.

How in the living hell can we maintain UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE without raising taxes on 90% of America?? He has yet to give a solid plan for that. Many liberals get so caught up on the words "Free Healthcare" that they don't forsee the consequenses.

If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until you see how much it is when it's "free". So much for being an American hero, Obama.

I'm sorry, that was my Obama rant.

In conclusion, yes, Troutbum, I think you're absolutley right when you give us the true American heroes. But I do think you're wrong when you say Glenn Beck is not a hero in general - my reasons are in the above paragraphs.

***DISCLAIMER*** I'm a moderate.

I'm sorry but random links off the internet hold little credibility. Like Blake said you could Google just about anything and get the answer your looking for, regardless of if it has any truth to it.

I'm still trying to figure out what "seditious" means. :bugeyes:

As far as politicians go, regardless of party, all those jobs are crappy vs working in free enterprise and thus I would question the motive of anyone that would spend all that money to get one. :ripped:

All that being said; I just focus on making enough money to pay my taxes, buy more tying materials, my wife's shopping bills and try to spend as much time as possible fishing and listening to the Grateful Dead. Peace.

I just focus on making enough money to pay my taxes, buy more tying materials, my wife's shopping bills and try to spend as much time as possible fishing and listening to the Grateful Dead. Peace.

Here be the truth.

Seditious:

Inciting or causing people to rebel against the authority of the state or monarch.

Salty dog you are right. Lets focus on the fly and not the name of.

FLY TYING FORUM people, FLY TYING

"We do have one request/rule that we feel we will have to start enforcing though. We ask that all members Please refrain from posting topics that are of a political nature, i.e Democrat vs republican, anything "negative" about the war/troops etc etc..."

I missed all this 'cause I was in my studio soaking

crests and tying flies.

I think I'll go tie some more...

Mike

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but what does 'soaking crests' mean?

I missed all this 'cause I was in my studio soaking

crests and tying flies.

I think I'll go tie some more...

Mike

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but what does 'soaking crests' mean?

I think he means soaking GP Crests to straighten them out for them there fancy Salmon Flies, but i could be way off <_<

FLY TYING FORUM people, FLY TYING

"We do have one request/rule that we feel we will have to start enforcing though. We ask that all members Please refrain from posting topics that are of a political nature, i.e Democrat vs republican, anything "negative" about the war/troops etc etc..."

Mike Boyer, perhaps you didn't see the before post. We are kind of done with this.

I think he means soaking GP Crests to straighten them out for them there fancy Salmon Flies, but i could be way off <_<

Yep. Only my Salmon flies aren't so fancy yet. <_<

I spent 8 hours working on a fly and ended up taking a

razor to it this afternoon.

Mike