Fly Tying
Barry Kent

The Glen Beck (American Hero)

I think he means soaking GP Crests to straighten them out for them there fancy Salmon Flies, but i could be way off <_<

Yep. Only my Salmon flies aren't so fancy yet. <_<

I spent 8 hours working on a fly and ended up taking a

razor to it this afternoon.

Mike

That's the nature of the beast! I was working on a production for radio one day, a real fancy one with SFX and everything, and the computer crashed.

That's the nature of the beast! I was working on a production for radio one day, a real fancy one with SFX and everything, and the computer crashed.

If Jan reads this, you know he's going to start telling you how a Mac wouldn't have done that. :lol:

Mike

I missed all this 'cause I was in my studio soaking

crests and tying flies.

I think I'll go tie some more...

Mike

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question but what does 'soaking crests' mean?

I think he means soaking GP Crests to straighten them out for them there fancy Salmon Flies, but i could be way off <_<

Cool, thanks. I've never heard of that and was wondering if it was something I should be doing with all of my feathers. Them fancy salmon flies are works of art, can't imagine people actually chucking them into the water after constructing them.

If Jan reads this, you know he's going to start telling you how a Mac wouldn't have done that. :lol:

Mike

It was on a Mac! PC wouldn't have done that!

So far: Expensive PC, 1 crash (Windows 7)

Mac: 0 crash 0 virus infestation+ faster performance better performance dependable and as an unnecessary plus, looks like its from the future B)

You must have been working on an old one :rolleyes:

So far: Expensive PC, 1 crash (Windows 7)

Mac: 0 crash 0 virus infestation+ faster performance better performance dependable and as an unnecessary plus, looks like its from the future B)

You must have been working on an old one :rolleyes:

Totally agree, we have 5 computers in the house... windoze XP, 7, Ubuntu and 2 macs. I love my Mac, but also like Ubuntu though its similar to mac since mac o/s is unix based