Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

What did Santa Bring?

Sitting here looking at the freezing rain through brand new Polarized Oakley Gold Iridium Half Jacket glasses...!!!

My boy got a newfangled Nintendo DSi, which he hasn't put down for five hours now. Plus, a 9ft 4pc 6wt Albright GP outfit.

Somehow, my wife who has put up with my eccentricities for 20 years, is sporting a new 3-stone white gold diamond ring.... :bugeyes:

pretty good Christmas all around.

Congrats on the oakleys. I have a pair of Polarized Gas Cans.

I got some 100 wine corks for poppers, a new dremel, a promise note for a new pair of waders. Bare Blackwaters here I come!

My brother is rocking his new X Box 360 elite.

The usual shirts, tying materials / tools, etc., but the hit of the day was an aquarium for my 2 yr old grandaughter. She woke up this morning with it set up in her room and went nuts. Pretty cool Christmas. :P

Gave: 6 sets of flys to fishing buddys, 1 Dozen each, Lots of toys for my 3 boys, and my first ever dozen saltwater flys I've tyed to my father in law.

The boys each got a flyfishing setup from grandpa

I got $250.00 in Gander Mountain Gift cards and 75 to the local lumber yard for the wood for my new tying bench.....

Gave some Blessing and got Blessed in Return, a good Christmas!!!

I had a very enjoyable Christmas. Both Christmas eve and Christmas day we spend all day together (myself, Mom, Sister, brother in law, Niece&Nephew).

I made out like a bandit on gifts, but I also gave some pretty darn good gifts as well so it equals out ;)

I Got- A Playstation 3, four PS3 games (Call of duty modern warfare, ATV off-road, Need for speed shift, and resident evil). New Fly fishing vest, a "monomaster", New mandrel for turning cork grips, new rod dryer, two extra batts for my SLR camera as well as a wireless remote shutter release and lens cap holder for my SLR camera. Couple of Bruce Wills dvd's, Chuck Norris invasion USA dvd, A River Runs Through It on Blu-ray, couple books, slippers, a rainbow trout area rug, "Chuck Norris facts" calendar, Detroit Tigers coffee mug, Creel shaped desk organizer, Fly fishing poster, complete first season of Hardcastle&Mccormick on DVD, complete first season of Simon&Simon on DVD, slippers, assorted shirts and pants, and assorted rod building items.

What I gave-

Mom- Magellan GPS for her truck, Diamond earrings, Leather gloves, night shirt

Sister- Canon 20D SLR digital camera, nice carrying bag for the camera, and a DVD

Brother in law- Cabela's carrying bag (the nice $49 one), a Buck knife, Cabela's trout T-shirt, complete first season of original Star Trek

Nephew- Acer 3GB 250HD Laptop

Niece- Tony Hawk board&game for the Wii, body pillow, custom rod I built for her, bean bag chair

So needless to say it was a happy Christmas for all of my family including me!

Well before the thread goes in this direction, I got a soft cooler that doubles as a seat with backpack straps. Talk about an alcaholic travel accessory! Happy holidays! :hyst:

I got some Harrison Bartleet blind-eye hooks, JEC silk, Golden Pheasant tail,

an assortment of turkey tail feathers, Golden Pheasant Skin, some Macaw tail...

along with some other stuff. I got my parents a new DVD player (now all I have

to do is teach them to use it).

Mike

Got A Wii, a bunch of games for it, an awesome pair of Lady Amherst pheasant tail feathers, Plexiglas for shadow boxes. Plus other stocking stuffers.

Got my dad a coffee maker, partially from me, which he doesn't have and doesn't know about yet, he has to wait until New Years Day when we do Christmas with my moms side of the family.

My mom got Wii Fit, that's been taking up most of the Wii time, along with Wii Sports.