Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

"Hand Tied Flies"

:rolleyes:

saw another advertisement today, "Twelve hand-tied flies only $9.99!!" Gee whiz man, I was really hoping I could get some flies from a Magic Fly Machine, you know, the kind where you dump feathers, hooks, and floss in one end, and Royal Coachmen get spit out the other end.

Perhaps someone could program a string of industrial manufacturing robots to tie flies. Might not be too difficult. In the end, tying flies is nothing more than taking stuff and wrapping it around, or tying it to, a hook or tube, right? Shouldn't be much of a problem, except a Woolly Worm would have to cost $47.18 to be profitable. I'm not part of the fishing industry, except that I've spent WAY too much money on it, according to my wife, but I've been doing it for a long time and I'm widely experienced and well informed on the subject. I don't ever recall seeing a fly that was NOT "hand tied".

HAND TIED FLIES - how the hell else are flies tied?

the same gnomes that steal one sock from a pair out of the dryer....they make flies real cheap....little bastards.....

And they probably use the frickin socks they steal as tying material.... :hyst:

Steve,

I thought YOU were the rod building machine.:):)

C

You guys have it all wrong. There's no such thing as a tying machine, except possibly A.K. Best during the busy season. The term "hand tied flies" is often used by socially-conscious advertisers to keep their products from being confused with those produced in certain countries where ten-year-olds are kept chained to workbenches and paid four cents per hour. The kids' hands are kept busy banging out $300 athletic shoes for 12 hours a day, but up until a few years ago, their idle feet were a major cause for concern for profit-hungry plant managers and stockholders. The solution came from a rare and particularly dangerous type of individual, (a clever boss) who, during a golf vacation deep in the Borneo jungle, happened to observe an orangutan hanging from a banyan tree while plucking a freshly killed jungle cock with its feet. Since the boss was already an enthusiastic, if somewhat inept, fly tyer, (as well as an administrator of the Flytying Forum) the answer was obvious: if the kids back at the factory could be taught to assemble sneakers with their hands while using their toes to whip up a gross or two of royal coachmen per day, profits would skyrocket and the boss could realize his lifelong dream of emigrating to Detroit and opening a convenience store. As they say, the rest is history The kids quickly picked up multi-tasking, foot-tied flies flooded the market, and profits soared. The boss collected his hefty bonus, told his wife he was going out for cigarettes, and climbed aboard an America-bound 747. (Unfortunately, the plane was hijacked to Barrow, Alaska, where the boss lost his bonus money in a rigged Texas hold 'em game with the local Eskimos, but that's neither here nor there) So there you have it. When somebody advertises "hand tied flies," it's not to be taken as a source of amusement. They're only doing it as a protest against the exploitation of children in South Asian sweatshops. Thought y'all would like to know. (I really should give some thought to cutting back on huffing those Sally Hansen fumes)

What's your point?

I don`t think anyone knows who your directing your negativity too

what s the point of just asking what s the point if you don`t direct it ?

the point of my post was just to joke around cause i already knew what PeterJay was saying

and that last part man that s funny;)

What's your point?

I don`t think anyone knows who your directing your negativity too

what s the point of just asking what s the point if you don`t direct it ?

the point of my post was just to joke around cause i already knew what PeterJay was saying

and that last part man that s funny;)

It's not negative unless you make it that way. I was directing my comment to the starter of the topic. I laughed my ass off at PeterJay story...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this