Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
donboake

favourite straem or river

Bow River and Pharaoh creek. These give some of the most plentiful brown/rainbow fishing and some of the cleanest Westslope cutts and decent sized brookies

Mine are Chase Creek and Morrisy Creek in N.W. Michigan. Been fishing them over 40 years for Brookies, and have seen less than a dozen other folks on the streams.

I've fished most of the big name rivers in Michigan, but keep going back to those. That's what they mean by "home waters".

The Davidson River, Brevard NC

The S. Holston River, Bristol TN

The Chattooga River, Mt. Rest, SC

These are the three that I hold dear to my heart that are actually geographically close enough to fish.....

There are so many great rivers, and so many fine little streams. Blackrock Creek, the Stillwater Fork, Yellowstone, and the Left fork of the H. all hold special memories for me. The Snake (south fork,) Madison, Provo, and Green Rivers are some of my favorite big rivers. The Provo, isn't all that large, and many people would call it a stream. All of these places have fish, but that has very little to do with why they are among my favoites. It is the memory of fishing with friends and family that take me back again to each of these places.

Rivers:

#1, For scenic beauty and # of fish, The A Section of the Green River below Flaming Gorge Dam, Utah.

#2, For the sheer number and size of fish, The San Juan River below Navajo Dam, New Mexico.

Streams:

#1, For scenic beauty and size of the most colorful trout in the world, The Frying Pan above Basalt, Colorado

#2, A private spring creek near Jackson Hole, Wyoming...sorry that's all I can tell you.

Pine River MB, or Steeprock River MB - Trout

Assinibone River - Walleyes, Carp, Pike