Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

FTF Ontario Steelie Day

What body of water do you want to fish?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nick,

If you plan on attending.....staple your vest to your chest the night before you leave. Sure the puncture wounds will hurt but you won't leave home without it biggrin.gif

Where on a Lake Ontario trib can you go that you don't need elbow pads, don't have to fish around shopping carts, and can enjoy the day even if the bite is off? Sorry guys, but I just have this real ugly view of what fishing the TO area is like. I've been wrong before, so PLEASE prove me wrong here!

Art

Hey Art,

I'm up for anything, but I find that if you focus on tribs East of the three big ones closest to Toronto it's usually ok. Just depends on how far East you want to go I guess. A lot of water becomes unfishable at the end of this month down here (anything North of the CN tracks), perhaps making it more inviting to fish a different Great Lake?

I've also had some luck in the Nottawasaga and Pretty rivers up by Georgian Bay. dunno.gif

I've only fished the Credit, Bronte Creek and the Grand at Caledonia for steelhead in the fall. I can't say I've had much luck at any of them but I've always wanted to try the Notty I think it has the biggest run in the fall.

Ken cool.gif

I'm casting my vote for the Big Head. Solid runs of fish (Lakers included), LOTS of water, little traffic, and a great day. If it turns into a bust, the Syd and the Beav are 20 mins either way. All three are open until the end of Dec. so time is not a major factor. The Notty is a system that I want to fish, but would'nt want to walk in cold.

Nick, I got your PM...see what I can do. wink.gif

Art

Listen you, quit stirring the pot. Everywhere I go on this site ,you seem to be not far behind. tongue.gif We gotta get together for a fish there Steve; the two of us sound like it would be holy terror together (What are we gonna do today Spike huh, huh?)

You gonna skip across the boarder for this one Steve? The more the merrier. We could take over Penny's Motel for the weekend and terrorize the place devil.gif devil.gif

Art

Sign in to follow this