Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyHub

For Arkansas Mike...Christmas Eve 'Chupa

A possible answer has been offered up by one of my older officers. This chap just recently retired as a Norfolk-Southern Police Officer and advised me that there is a wide, albiet short tract of land between the treeline/railroad and another treeline on the other side of thay treeline (approx 6 acres wide, but only about 100 yards long) that was once leased to a group of local businessmen who put up a fence and raised exotic animals inside the enclosure. He says it wasn't uncommon to be on patrol on the service lines (the ones that run down the edge of our facility) and see emu, ostrich, camel, and even the occassional zebra. He seems to think (with much certainty) that what we saw was an escaped ostrich. Now I been around ostrich and have never heard one make that kind of sound, but I suppose it is plausible. IF it was an ostrich, it had a head that wouldn't fit in a 5 gallon bucket, but that would explain the bipedal "loping", and I guess the "arms" COULD have been its wings...i dunno...I still have to just chuckle, scratch my head and shrug.

Dr, I would have thought cat as well, having seen a few remaining "painters" (mountain lions) that roam the remote highlands of the mountians in East Ky and West Va, but not this far down in the Bluegrass / Thoroughbred country...I haven't personally seen a big cat in Ky in about 12 yrs now, but had a personal encounter with one in Pike County back in 1993 on an abandoned mine site. Watched a mother and two cubs roam down off the high wall on Buck Lick Ridge and meander down to a silt pond to water just after dark. Was an amazing experience. There are only a handful of confirmed sightings verified by state officials in the last 10 years

Years ago, I was checking trot lines on the river with my Dad late

one night and heard the most shrill nerve shattering scream I've

ever heard. Sounded like a woman screaming bloody murder. Pop

said it was a cougar. I came within an inch of soiling my pants

when that thing screamed. I tell you, I was glad we were out in a

boat.

Hehe...Big Daddy Hub is afraid of ostrich... :hyst:

Mike

Well after speculation, it can just as easily be said that it does exist rather it doesn't exist, we will never know I guess. All we are left with is our intuition, imagination, and theories. Needless to say, I'm with Mr. J on this one

Years ago, I was checking trot lines on the river with my Dad late

one night and heard the most shrill nerve shattering scream I've

ever heard. Sounded like a woman screaming bloody murder. Pop

said it was a cougar. I came within an inch of soiling my pants

when that thing screamed. I tell you, I was glad we were out in a

boat.

Hehe...Big Daddy Hub is afraid of ostrich... :hyst:

Mike

If this thing was an ostrich, it was the "Incredible Hulk" of Ostriches....butthead.. <_< :D

:gun_bandana: :gunsmilie: :kicking: :scooter: :dunno: :whistle:

that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

now, Ian, it was never officially a sasquatch....it was a potential 'chupa. Still not convinced it was an ostrich...as we say at County, "The incident remains under open investigation pending further review by commanding officers."

Surprising turn of events upon my arrival in Kentucky last eve.

Staked out area of supposed "creature" sighting (per Big Daddy

Hub). After an hour of tense super stealth reconnaissance, I

managed to snap this photograph of said "creature" that so

terrified a number of burly he-man macho Kentucky Corrections

Officers on the night of December 24th. It is no wonder our own Big Daddy

Hub wet himself and ran away squealing like a school girl in pigtails

upon glimpsing this evil menacing abomination.

ostrich.jpg

Mike

I'm not completely convinced it was an ostrich, but I suppose it is possible...I don't really want to see it again an confirm either yea or nay....Mike's still an ass...