Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Parker

first attempt at a turtle???

I'm not new to fly tying but I am to realistic flies? All input will be well recieved ????

I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right place or even doing it right??

Blessings,

Jeremy

Jeremy it looks like you put a great deal of time and effort into this turtle. I think you have done a very good job on proportions and color. You can ask the moderator what forum it belongs in. What size hook did you use? And what size and color thread ?

Fred

Jeremy it looks like you put a great deal of time and effort into this turtle. I think you have done a very good job on proportions and color. You can ask the moderator what forum it belongs in. What size hook did you use? And what size and color thread ?

Fred

I used a mustad #2 94720 and 3/0 thread (olive)

Fred

Jeremy I could 'nt enlarge the photos when I asked what hook you used. On this computer, which is DSL I can see what a nice job you did.

I'm at war with some idiots that believe realistic flies do not need hooks . You should definetly post this in the realistic forum and welcome aboard. It will be nice to have another talented TIER posting his work up there.

Fred

Fred

Jeremy I could 'nt enlarge the photos when I asked what hook you used. On this computer, which is DSL I can see what a nice job you did.

I'm at war with some idiots that believe realistic flies do not need hooks . You should definetly post this in the realistic forum and welcome aboard. It will be nice to have another talented TIER posting his work up there.

Fred

Hey Fred, I don't want to get into the discussion, but I do most of mine for fun its part of it figuring out how to work with the hook? also if you are like me and send some to competition you have to have a hook in it and can not bend the hook what so ever.I've not entered any realistic flies yet but I enter 7 flies every year in the Mustad Scandinavian Open. I've had a little bit of success with 5 top tens in the last 3 year with my best being a bronze medal in 2009. I love the comments they send me because it always helps me to improve my tying.

Blessings,

Jeremy