Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

Fiber Swap

Lets see if this one will fly. If you are like me, you roam the aisles at craft and hobby stores looking for yarns, wools etc for tying. I have two drawers full of assorted ropes, yarns etc in amounts that I could never use in 10 lifetimes. So.........a fibers swap!!! Cut of X number of pieces of X no of fibers for X no of swappers. If interested saw your in.

And no wise cracks about Artimus and his swap fetish!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Art

If on one wants to swap materials with the Canadians then we should swap some stuff art. headbang.gif "Canadians rule the Hockey rink" headbang.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mooning-Smilie.gif

All right guys!!! Here is what I was thinking......First off I want everyone to speak up at anytime and put forth your input on this one, seeings how it is a new idea. I was thinking 6 fibers (yarns, wools, chennilles etc) per swapper. You could send them as total lengths, or precut. so for we have:

Artimus: swap miester

Wicked Carpenter (on hold as he is fishing the PM headbang.gif )

vices

Thibodeau

jlears67

This one is still wide open for swappers and ideas.

Art

Are we just swapping "materials" or is there some fly tying happening here? I've never been in a swap like this, so this may be a newbie suggestion. If each participant received anywhere from say 2 to 10 different "materials" randomly, they would have to come up with some sort of creation with the materials.......anything goes! Maybe a few of each pattern??? I don't know......I'm just waiting for the Steelers to play Sunday night! I would just like to be tying something with this.........

Jay

Jay,

You might have an interesting idea here. After getting thier fibers, everyone then flips back with a fly? One problem that I foresee is a swap that never seems to end as far as commitment goes though. Chime up guys what do you all think?

Art

Yeah. I guess it would have to be two swaps in one essentially. The first would be the swapping of materials as sort of a "grab bag" sort of thing. Then, flies would need to be tied with those materials that you happen to get (nobody will know until their particular materials arrive in the mail). Now what flies are to be tied, amount of different materials each person has to send, and how many will participate would all have to be hammered out.

Again, this is just one suggestion. This whole idea you have has some cool potential!!! I'd like to hear some other ideas......

Jay