Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Old Hat

Mohair Leech

:hyst:

I might have to agree with you Ray. I have been working on mohair leech patterns for steelhead for a couple years. I have a couple beadhead furled versions that are even uglier that I can't tie enough of for friends The fish just love the mohair. It does look ugly at the vice but really goes to work under water.

The nice thing about this pattern is you can tie it with 1,2 or 3 beads to get it as deep as you want it.

sometimes the ugliest flies work the best, as the fish go after them to kill it and not let those damn things breed in the stream. :lol:

Ultra Beads is the brand name. I don't use beads much so I have had them for so long that I don't remember if they are tungsten or not but I don't think so.

Hey are those tungston beads on that fly??

Blessings,

Jeremy

sometimes the ugliest flies work the best, as the fish go after them to kill it and not let those damn things breed in the stream. :lol:

:D

Apart from looking like something out of my couch cushions, that is very interesting. Thanks for posting it . It rides point up, I take it, and probably sinks and casts fine for the size impression it makes.

Michael

Apart from looking like something out of my couch cushions, that is very interesting. Thanks for posting it . It rides point up, I take it, and probably sinks and casts fine for the size impression it makes.

Michael

Thanks Micheal. Point position is a matter of the knot used and how you attach the stinger. I have tied some with both point up and point down. I don't know which is better if at all for hooking fish. I have caught fish with both configurations. I do believe that the free stinger hook as with articulated and tube type flies have a better hook up and hold then conventional one hook patterns.