Fly Tying
bgause1

Jig heads

Im wanting to do some tying of small jig heads mainly for crappie and panfish when they are suspended deep in a local lake. Ive found some jig heads on Bass Pro Shops but they are a bit pricey. They do have size 10 hooks with 1/124 oz and with 1/80 oz without any plating which is about perfect. Im just wondering if anyone knows of any other suppliers out there that might have some more size options and more jigs for my buck. Thanks!

Just buy lead dumbell eyes in whatever size you like, and tie your own. Totally custom, whatever size and style hook you want, and whatever size lead or brass you want.

Go over to www.crappie.com and look up user flatfish46 he has an online shop at http://www.crazyanglertackle.com he also has plated heads jigs. Another one is grousefly they can get yu what you need. Timmy is also good, just remember his heads are tin not lead, ask him about any weight differences.

Fatman

Go over to www.crappie.com and look up user flatfish46 he has an online shop at http://www.crazyanglertackle.com he also has plated heads jigs. Another one is grousefly they can get yu what you need. Timmy is also good, just remember his heads are tin not lead, ask him about any weight differences.

Fatman

I was wondering about that since they were lead free but according to their website the weights they list are correct. So when they say 1/100 oz they mean it apparently. I guess the size of the head is slightly bigger though...which really isnt a problem.

Netcraft is a good supplier of jig hooks. as noted above, tying on a bare jig hook with a dumbell eye tied into the "corner" of the hook is a great way to go for all sorts of streamer/leech type flies...hook point rides up, reduces snagging problems, fly has great jigging action...

i just finished a set of flies i tied for the jig fly swap, i have a picture posted over there, it mitght give you some ideas, my fky is super simple and a great fish catcher, i tie them in 4 or 5 different sizes and color combos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,