Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dezod

Deerhair Bass Bug Swap

With every new year comes a tying goal I make for myself. This years goal was to learn to spin deer hair and catch a Bass on my own fly. I have tied a dozen taps bugs in different colors...the first 8 were immediately chopped, but the rest of them made it into my box. I always learn the most when I am tying for a swap, because I never settle on the flies I am sending. I also learn so much about technique from everyone else. Here is what I am proposing:

Deer hair Bass Bug Swap: Due Date March 31st

Swap is open to first 6-8 tiers. We will need at least 6 for the swap, but no more than 8 swappers as I know the ammount of time that goes into each of these flies. All of the flies do not need to be the same colors, but the same style of flies from each tier is expected. For example if someone were to tie divers their 6-8 flies could each be a unique color scheme, but they would all need to be divers.

If there is enough interest I will be tying taps bug (deer hair popper)

1. Riff- Mice Receivied

2. Smalliestalker- Diver- Received

3. Crackleback- Popper- Received

4. Frank-

5. BassBugn- Received

6. Dezod (SM)- Taps Bug (Deer Hair Popper)- Done

7. Kayaker Stan-Addy Sent

8. Flies and Photos- Received

With every new year comes a tying goal I make for myself. This years goal was to learn to spin deer hair and catch a Bass on my own fly. I have tied a dozen taps bugs in different colors...the first 8 were immediately chopped, but the rest of them made it into my box. I always learn the most when I am tying for a swap, because I never settle on the flies I am sending. I also learn so much about technique from everyone else. Here is what I am proposing:

Deer hair Bass Bug Swap: Due Date March 31st

Swap is open to first 6-8 tiers. We will need at least 6 for the swap, but no more than 8 swappers as I know the ammount of time that goes into each of these flies. All of the flies do not need to be the same colors, but the same style of flies from each tier is expected. For example if someone were to tie divers their 6-8 flies could each be a unique color scheme, but they would all need to be divers.

If there is enough interest I will be tying taps bug (deer hair popper)

5. Flies & Photos - TBD - leaning toward crawfish pattern

6. Dezod (SM)- Taps Bug (Deer Hair Popper)

7. Optional

8. Optional

Alright sorry everyone for being MIA for a day or so. I posted the swap, got called to work and didn't get home until late last night <_< <_< .

Riff I am glad to have you :headbang:

Smallie Stalker the deer hair work you have posted is awesome :bugeyes:

Crackleback and BassBugn welcome aboard :yahoo:

Frank it is great as always to swap flies with you :headbang:

Kayaker Stan thanks for joining :yahoo:

The last spot is open for Bulldog if they want to tie a full deer hair body fly, otherwise I think flies and photos wants in. I am contacting each of them via PM

Chuckingfluff I am sure there will be other deer hair swaps, would love to have you next time

Everyone will need to tie 8 bass bugs as it looks like we are full. Unless people feel like the due date needs to be moved into April, the date is March 31.

Thanks everyone for joining and I look forward to seeing everyones work.

C

Didn't get a response from Bulldog, and I did hear from Flies and Photos, so he is in.

The swap is now closed.

Everyone thanks for participating and I look forward to seeing the big bugs.

C