Fly Tying

That's a great piece of work. What materials did you use for that?

gave me shivers when I saw it!! Nasty looking thing, Paul! If I saw that on your table I'd beat the shit out of it with a boot!!

its craft wire wrapped with thread for the legs and fangs and the rest is foam then painted with acrylic paint and the eyes are 14# mono melted

thanks Big daddy here is another better pic of it

post-10925-1264844994_thumb.jpg

and here is the actual spider I used as a model

post-10925-1264845319_thumb.jpg

Nice piece of work Paul .Flies of this size are certainly a project. Nice job on the proportions , this spider is instantly recognizable .

Fred

P.S. Look at the other spiders recently posted and see if you can tell what species they are supose to be at first glance. You are way ahead of the game.

thanks Mike I gave one to a friend of mine and he put it in his van on the support beam right behind the drivers door and everytime somebody gets in the passenger side of his van they let out a scream thinking its a real spider about to grab him lmao

thanks Mike I gave one to a friend of mine and he put it in his van on the support beam right behind the drivers door and everytime somebody gets in the passenger side of his van they let out a scream thinking its a real spider about to grab him lmao

and if THAT don't give meaning to your work on the bench....nuttin will! :hyst:

gave me shivers when I saw it!! Nasty looking thing, Paul! If I saw that on your table I'd beat the shit out of it with a boot!!

ROFL... laughed so hard I'm surprised I didn't wake up my wife.

And then it happened again! :hyst: