Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
arkfisher

Back at the bench...finally

It's been a good while since I've contributed any posts to the forum. I finished school a little over a year ago and got a decent, not great, but ok job and moved in order to work there. I've since bought a house, got married, lost my job and a whole array of other misfortunes have seemed to find their way to us. . . Needless to say, it's been rather depressing with not being able to find a job and having to worry about all of the daily stresses that go along with being unemployed.

A couple of days ago I finally got my "office" room cleaned out and all of my tying equipment back in order and where it could be used again. I spent the whole day today tying flies and it was nice to be able to get my mind off of all this stress. I tied several poppers and got back into the hang of spinning deer hair again...it's been way too long.

Well, I'm turning in for the night, just thought I'd share how tying really helped me ease the stress of my life for a day.

R

I am glad to hear you are back to tying... sorry to hear of the path that took you there. But really, tying is one of the best stress relievers I know of. I generally find that I can really unwind while I am sitting at the vise. I hope you continue to find that it works for you.

Welcome back!

David <><

Hi R,

Welcome back to the group and we certainly hope you find a job soon. It's really a pain in the neck to be unemployed. You have the time to go fishing but feel guilty for going; a negative Catch 22. Good luck & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Welcome back, and let me add, Much luck to you in the job search! You are ahead of the game if you are using tying to cope rather than a fifth of bourbon. I know it's easier said than done but "Good things come to he who waits!"

It's been a good while since I've contributed any posts to the forum. I finished school a little over a year ago and got a decent, not great, but ok job and moved in order to work there. I've since bought a house, got married, lost my job and a whole array of other misfortunes have seemed to find their way to us. . . Needless to say, it's been rather depressing with not being able to find a job and having to worry about all of the daily stresses that go along with being unemployed.

A couple of days ago I finally got my "office" room cleaned out and all of my tying equipment back in order and where it could be used again. I spent the whole day today tying flies and it was nice to be able to get my mind off of all this stress. I tied several poppers and got back into the hang of spinning deer hair again...it's been way too long.

Well, I'm turning in for the night, just thought I'd share how tying really helped me ease the stress of my life for a day.

R

Ditto to the other replies. I know tying a few flies takes the edge off for me. I wish you the best in the job hunt.