Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

sound interesteing to anyone?

Just a idea that i wanted to see if it sounded interesting to anyone that will be going on the PM outing.

How about some kind of "big fish" contest for the outing shifty.gif

Something where you have to take a pic of the biggest fish you catch on the outing next to a tape measure so all the members can see how big it actually is and the member that catches the biggest salmon of the outing will be the winner.

Wouldnt be a huge prize but i'd be willing to donate something that would be worth winning if anyone likes the idea dunno.gif ...just thought it might be a "fun" contest for us planning on attending this trip.

SD

It's 12 inches but I don't use it as a rule banana.gif

i'll be happy just to be one the warter seeing some fish and putting the flies to the test.

Sitting in front of a campfire enjoying some good stories with friends is long over due.I'll bring the camera biggrin.gif

Just a word of warning. Though this is simple between friends. But is being posted on a bulletin board. You may want to check the laws in your state to find out if this would be construed as a "derby" and if a permit would be needed. Only ask, because I know of those here that have been busted for similar contests where "prizes" were offered. I do know game department personal do check these type boards, so they have more of a scoop then you would believe sometimes. LOL. But just a word of warning. May want to check that out. Never know who may be watching or who'll you'll have to answer to down the road. You may be ok per your regs. I know ours defines that as a derby and permits are needed (which sucks), why we don't give out prizes like that.

I find it too hard to take a picture of a fish next to a ruler when you do C&R it just wastes too much time that's why I like to get my flyrod in the picture as a point of reference and just measure the fish for my own knowledge. I think we can trust most of the people on this board not to exaggerate bs.gif especially if no prizes are up for grabs.

Ken cool.gif

Sign in to follow this