Fly Tying
smallieFanatic

Vises: Lets See Yours

I absolutely love looking at pictures of vises. Its my big...uh...vice.

So lets see yours. We all hear the talk of how we love our vises...so lets see some pictures of them.

Jan/smallieFanatic

Here ya go Jan, same pics as on the other thread. I have to take new pictures one day.

Heres the Jvice

Top view with the Pro Jaws mounted on the side of the base.

28915494.jpg

38416485.jpg

These pro jaws can hold a very large hook.

48660945.jpg

Vise with the midge jaws

dscn5315w.jpg

The vise can also be mounted on the front of the base if you need it closer to you.

94083888.jpg

So far I'm really impressed with this vise and Jay over at Jvice is great to deal with.

Ian

renzetti traveler. everybody knows what it looks like :sleep1:

Ahh c'mon, we want to see yours :D

Awww, man! Is this thread about creating "vise envy" among your colleagues? :-)

Uh-huh :devil:

Nice Vises

Chucking....... I havent seen that vise yet, I have only been tying a couple of months and I need to upgrade. What kind of vise is that and where can you look at some? I probably will not spend that much yet, but still would like to know about it.

Nice Vises

Chucking....... I havent seen that vise yet, I have only been tying a couple of months and I need to upgrade. What kind of vise is that and where can you look at some? I probably will not spend that much yet, but still would like to know about it.

It's a jvice you can find it online only he makes them one at a time. It's a bit over engineered but I couldn't be happier with it. There are 2 more vices that I want then I'm done. I'll still get a Dyna-king Barracuda and a LAW when the price it right.

Ian

AH right, Ian...now that I've seen your set up, I want to see your flies! Your time has come! Start posting some of that Canadian Genius! Any man with a "only two at time" production vice has got to be tying some wicked creations! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FLIES, EH!!!!

Your work space looks too clean. I think your using that vice to decorate your buying, I mean tying, room :devil: . Ian...you're not buying flies are you? :blink: That's okay if you are....guys out there are trying to make a living. Nothing Wrong with guys on the site buying flies. I love ya, man!! Fantastic looking vice. Will certainly have to take a look at one of those beauties!

I tie on a standard AA style vice...about $15.00 bucks. When it wears out (usually in about 2 years) I just snatch up another one. I would probably buy a quality vice if I had ever tied on one, but the old style AA cheap vices have served me well. Still tie on a AA that my grandfather ordered from Herter's in 1955 (maybe 56).

AH right, Ian...now that I've seen your set up, I want to see your flies! Your time has come! Start posting some of that Canadian Genius! Any man with a "only two at time" production vice has got to be tying some wicked creations! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FLIES, EH!!!!

I tie on a standard AA style vice...about $15.00 bucks. When it wears out (usually in about 2 years) I just snatch up another one. I would probably buy a quality vice if I had ever tied on one, but the old Herter's style AA cheap vices have served me well. Still tie on a AA that my grandfather ordered from Herter's in 1955 (maybe 56).

I got lots of cool ones coming out now I just need the time to take some pics. If I don't get around to it soon I'll just send you some.

Ian