Fly Tying
flyfishingwright

Start bass fishing swap.

Swap Is Full

A few years ago I did a bunch of swaps and hosted a couple and thought I'd get back into swapping this winter. I'm hoping to do some bass fishing this year. So the idea is this - tie what you feel is an essential bass pattern. I'd like to see some big nasty flies. First 12 are in. I'm going with the John Barr Slumpbuster.

Due Date is April 2, 2010

1. flyfishingwright - Slumpbuster

2. gkobes - Purpertrator-received

3. ColonelMel -Mink Zonker-received

4. carolinafisherman - Clouser or Bugger

5. creekfishin - tbd -recieved

6. Catalpa_Joe - Ugly Catalpa Worm-received

7. larmie44 - Some big ugly fly of his own creation. ;) -received

8. C Teeter -received

9. Flyfisher13 - Bass Poppers - received

10. SullyTM - Pinhead Bass Fly-received

11. foambug - Bunny Wiggler -PM sent

12. Brian Brown75 - Crystal Bugger-received

13. NWPAsteelie - Synthetic Clouser, Zoo Cougar or ???

I grew up on a lake bass fishing every day, and made my own fly which looks pretty sloppy/weird but seriously rails the bass. Its a 2.5 inch or so streamer, made mostly of flash materials, blue, and silver with some longer hair (preferably Yellow for some reason) combined into it just to provide substance to the fly. Ive tied it with and without the weighted eyes and both seem to be successful.

If you are cool with me tying that fly I am in and can pretty much assure it will be ugly but catch tons of fish. Watching the fish nail it is crazy...just pure instinct for them.

Let me know,

Chris

I grew up on a lake bass fishing every day, and made my own fly which looks pretty sloppy/weird but seriously rails the bass. Its a 2.5 inch or so streamer, made mostly of flash materials, blue, and silver with some longer hair (preferably Yellow for some reason) combined into it just to provide substance to the fly. Ive tied it with and without the weighted eyes and both seem to be successful.

If you are cool with me tying that fly I am in and can pretty much assure it will be ugly but catch tons of fish. Watching the fish nail it is crazy...just pure instinct for them.

Let me know,

Chris

Sounds great. :headbang: I'll sign you up. Sounds like an interesting fly. I can't wait to put in some good time bass fishing this year.