Fly Tying
flyfishingwright

Start bass fishing swap.

ok i pumped out flies for 2 swaps today, so now i have my dozen gigantic crystal buggers done. PM me your addy and ill ship them out sometime this week. Also, another question i have is how should i ship these huge bass flies?

heres a little spoiler

post-16409-1266802267_thumb.jpg

Nice looking flies. I like the idea of hanging the finished flies from the bobbin rest, I'll have to try that.

Good question about the shipping. Don't pack them in too tight, because it looks likes the others will be big too. Make sure your container is big enough for the flies coming back to you. I'm liking the way this swap is shaping up so far. Note to all: ship in a big box, these are some big nasty flies.

I'm pretty stoked about this one. I can't wait to get my bass box started.

PM sent. Great flies!

Thanks for the tip, i joined this swap because i want to start fly fishing for bass and im really exited, hanging the flies on the bobbin rest really helps me to keep track of how many i tie because once i get started, i dont stop haha, go for it

First swap in a while but Im thinking ill tie a synthetic clouser unless I come up with something else. Maybe a zoo cougar. I live on the wonderful smallmouth fishery of Presque Isle on lake Erie. Good to get into a bass swap.

how big of a box are we talking ? an altods box ?

No idea. Maybe some others can share what they are shipping in. If everyone can fit them in an altoids box then that will work. I did a streamer swap a couple years back and it was tough to fit all 12 in the box without totally smashing them. Maybe 2 altoids boxes if the flies are going to be big? What do you guys think?

how big of a box are we talking ? an altods box ?

No idea. Maybe some others can share what they are shipping in. If everyone can fit them in an altoids box then that will work. I did a streamer swap a couple years back and it was tough to fit all 12 in the box without totally smashing them. Maybe 2 altoids boxes if the flies are going to be big? What do you guys think?

For larger flies, or larger swaps, eye glass boxes are great. These are sometimes available free from optical stores. Also, the local art supply store gets tubes of paint in small boxes. I've used lots of those and the postage still comes in under $2.00 for both.