Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Denis Lamy

Print me button

Hi everyone,

I cook a lot (you got to eat) and visit many cooking site. Most of the cooking site have a "Print this recipe" button so you get the recipe printed out with only the relevent information (the recipe) a photograph (if one is available) and the web site address. I was making a fly from the Fly Pattern Database (Grizzly King V.) and thought that I could use such a button when viewing a pattern and I want to reproduce it on my vise.

Just my 0.02$ CDN. ;)

yes that would be really handy to have. Charlie's Flybox website has this feature for their patterns. Allot of times I just save the page as PDF file from Firefox browser.

Mike

why not just use the print screen button on your keyboard. then open a new word document and paste it there. now you can print that page.

why not just use the print screen button on your keyboard. then open a new word document and paste it there. now you can print that page.

Never thought to do that. That works really nice. Just position the browser screen so it displays what you want to save, then save it. :)

Kwel :headbang:

Mike

I thought from the way Denis worded his post he was being humorous and wanted to press a button and have the fly magically appear tied in the jaws of his vise. This would be quite a time saving feature. :D

I agree that would be a nice feature. One advantage it has over the print screen option is that if there is a print button it can take you to a modified page that does not have all the fluff that wastes paper and printer ink. It could even have a picture or no picture option. Then you can just add the printed recipe to your files and keep track of the flies you've tied from this site.

Another way would be to highlight the recipe, right click and choose copy, open word or wordpad, and paste only the recipe into the document. That way you are only printing what you want. If you want the picture of the fly too, right click on the picture, copy it, and paste it into the document too then print. I usually save the file in case I misplace the paper(I lose stuff a lot)

I thought from the way Denis worded his post he was being humorous and wanted to press a button and have the fly magically appear tied in the jaws of his vise. This would be quite a time saving feature. :D

Yeah, that would work to. Could you do that? :huh: