Fly Tying
cspears0006

Spinning Deer hair

Hi Paul,

this is off course my own opinion, (For What It's Worth)

as for kevlar, and other threats than GSP, they are usually either to weak or too bulkey.

What you can try to do with GSP (when having trouble with cutting) is to build up tension slowly, usually when you build up tension slowly you won't have the trouble of cutting the material, you will even be surprised how much tension you can build up (I can even break my thread without cutting the hair (WAPSI 100 denier).

on the other hand, when you build up tension too fast you will be surprised how little you will need to cut the hair. a quick jerk will give you a spray of hair in the air :) :)

I'd say give it a try ;)

~ floris

I have no problems with the GSP its the Kevlar I don't like GSP is great but my personal prefrence is the regular 140 denier by danville and I think I am fairly proficiant of a deer hair tier here is one of my patterns http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern6577.html

Steel head slayer that was some crazy spinning, awesome!

I have no problems with the GSP its the Kevlar I don't like GSP is great but my personal prefrence is the regular 140 denier by danville and I think I am fairly proficiant of a deer hair tier here is one of my patterns http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern6577.html

wow, caught anything on that scorpio yet ?