Fly Tying
breambuster

Spring Bluegill Swap

I am going to do a flash back deer hair beetle, should have them in by mid next week.

Thanks for the info, Larmie44. I'll add it to the info on the orginal post of this thread.

Take care

BB

So I added a few flares to my beetle, this thing is insane. You guys are going to have to work hard to keep the gills off your lines and try to just pick the bigger ones...about half done already....

Cant wait for the fish to start biting.

A very nice set of flies has come in from NJ All Day! The 'gill population in your area ought to be VERY worried, seeing that you're going to be getting one of NJ's "Steroid Ants." Great work NJ! And thanks for all the extras! WAY too generous.

Take care

BB

All Hands, General Quarters! Rig For Silent Running! Prepare for Depth Charge attack! Batman's depth charges have arrived, and the 'gills are rigging for silent running. Thanks, Batman. Great looking pattern. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for being in on this one.

Take care

BB

All Hands, General Quarters! Rig For Silent Running! Prepare for Depth Charge attack! Batman's depth charges have arrived, and the 'gills are rigging for silent running. Thanks, Batman. Great looking pattern. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for being in on this one.

Take care

BB

Can you PM me the addy to send mine out?

thanks!

I cant wait for the flies.... My son and I went out tonight and he caught his first bunch of blue gills on his make shift fly rod. He had a ton of fun. All he is saying is "I caught fish I caught fish". He is just over 2

26446_385834819850_802234850_3760363_8073438_n.jpg

Way to go Midnight! It doesn't get any better than that. You are building memories that he will never forget.

We got a set of flies yesterday without toe tags, so I'm not sure whose they are. I'm guessing they are Larmee's. Larmee, do you live in California? Plastic box with a lock-down lid?

BB

final got'em tied up and will be going out in the mail tomorrow.

my apologizes to the other tyers in the swap not my best tying efforts due to a injury a couple of weeks ago. :dunno: ... a stupid mistake on my part trying to stop a falling metal filing cabinet we we're moving. Not a good idea.

Mike