Fly Tying
breambuster

Spring Bluegill Swap

We have received the first sets of flies, and they are awesome. Jeremy Parker sent us ALL, THREE sets of flies. All very nice ties, indeed. Whoo Hoo!

And Gillfan51's "Red Tags" are a very "fishy" tie. You'd better keep your fly box out of sight of the water when you've got them along. Fish will be jumping out of the water trying to get to them.

Thanks guys, AWESOME work!

There are at least 2 sets in the mail, maybe more. I'll let you guys know when they arrive.

Hopefully I'll get a chance in the next day or two to post some pictures of the flies we have so far. Things have gotten VERY busy here again & I'm grabbing just a minute to post this acknowledgement of flies received.

Thanks, guys for the extras. :yahoo:

Take care

BB

Good Grief! Ants! Ants EVERYWHRE! Quick, somebody get the bug spray. Big ole black ants!

Midnightmoonlight's ants arrived today, and they are SO NICE! I can't wait to dangle this pattern in front of some 'gills.

Midnight, a couple of questions. What size and style hook did you use? And what is the body material. Not the foam, the chenille-like stuff that you used to form the body?

I REALLY like this pattern and I'm going to have to tie some up.

Take care

BB

Two more sets of flies arrived today and they are REALLY AWESOME! This is going to be a swap to remember!

Floyd has sent us some incredible woven, extended body flies. Wait until you guys see these! :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

And thanks, Floyd, for the BOX of extras! WAY too generous. Thanks many times over.

We also recieved a wonderful box of crickets from ColonelMel! NO 'gill will ever be able to resist these. What a wonderful pattern, and so skillfully and artfully tied! AND they have the neatest, most professional-looking toe tags I have EVER SEEN! And thank YOU, ColonelMel, for the extras as well. VERY much appreciated.

Hopefully, I'll get some pictures out to everyone shortly.

Take care

BB

I'm all done BB. I'll send them with the other package coming your way soon. Hope you like the "extras", something new I've tried this year. Thanks for being a great host. :yahoo:

Flies should be in the mail by Monday, haven't benable to tie lately. too busy with college apps. and SAT's. well that's junior year oh high school for ya.

anyway I'm gonna add a little grub like pattern I tie. I usally drop It off the ant, as a kinda hopper dropper. Works great I once caught two big gillss at once with this combo.

Flies should be in the mail by Monday, haven't benable to tie lately. too busy with college apps. and SAT's. well that's junior year oh high school for ya.

anyway I'm gonna add a little grub like pattern I tie. I usally drop It off the ant, as a kinda hopper dropper. Works great I once caught two big gillss at once with this combo.

NJ, do you have my addy? I can't remember if I've sent it to you or not, but I don't think so. Let me know.

BB

Still looking for someone else? I'm not very good but I could tie a fly or two.

Flytyer14, the swap is full presently. However, I'll put you down as the second alternate. That means that if 2 swappers drop out, then you will be in. Don't tie anything for the swap unless you are notified by me to do so.

Thanks

BB

breambuster

My flies were mailed out this morning, should land at your doorsteps first part of the week. You are doing your usual great job as a meister. Thanks!!

Have a good one

pat carroll

Good Grief! Ants! Ants EVERYWHRE! Quick, somebody get the bug spray. Big ole black ants!

Midnightmoonlight's ants arrived today, and they are SO NICE! I can't wait to dangle this pattern in front of some 'gills.

Midnight, a couple of questions. What size and style hook did you use? And what is the body material. Not the foam, the chenille-like stuff that you used to form the body?

I REALLY like this pattern and I'm going to have to tie some up.

Take care

BB

Thanks.

The hooks I used came in a big lot of fly tying stuff I bought. They are size 8. Thats all I know for sure but I think its a mustad dry fly hook dont know the numbers. The body is Medium cactus chinelle (That I dont like because alot of it falls apart while tying but it is a nice effect)

Sorry for the lack of info

post-4914-1268690813_thumb.jpg

sorry for a bad pic i just could not get the light right ,, I call this thing a depth charge, i use jig hooks,cone heads

it sinks like a depth charge, with the jig hook,doesn't get hung up much, i tie them in a myriad of colors and length's

they do work especially if you wanna go deep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

please send me your address thanks

We got in two more sets of flies today! Pat Carroll has done his usual good job on some very nice gurglers. Nice work, Pat! Thanks for the extras! Very generous.

And Gkobes has submitted the Claire's Partridge, a new pattern for me, but one I'm going to HAVE to learn! Great work, Gkobes. Would you mind sending me a materials list? Either PM or post it here, if you want to.

Thanks

BB

Another fantastic set of flies have arrived. Rock Bass has submitted some awesome deer hair bugs called a "Fat Head Diver." This will DEFINITELY be in the fly box!

Thanks Rock Bass!

Take care

BB

It was so BRIGHT in my house that I could barely sleep last night! That's because I received a box full of "Lightning Bugs" (Fire Flies) from Catalpa Joe in the mail yesterday. WOW! This is a great-looking pattern, and they are VERY well tied! I can't wait to get this pattern on the water.

Thanks Joe, for the extras, and other "goodies." Very much appreciated.

Take care

BB