Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeMcFly

Steelhead egg patterns

weathers warming up some and river is thawing and flooding as we speak. got tying for some steelhead! tying my single eggs now. I tied some estaz eggs in orange, pearl and pink then tied my glo eggs in Orange, Clown, Oregon cheese, Pink Chartreuse and egg with a cherise glo dot. will start on suck spawn and meth spawns then tie some stoneflies. post soon.

post-17047-1268455046_thumb.jpg

post-17047-1268455055_thumb.jpg

post-17047-1268455080_thumb.jpg

post-17047-1268455103_thumb.jpg

made some oregon cheese glue eggs last season and tried them out but didn't get a bite even tho they match steel eggs to a tee! well now that I got that milky egg veil I added some to the glue eggs I like the results! will see if this will entice the steel to eat them. keep ya posted if I catch a steelie on them and heres the pix!

post-17047-1268458038_thumb.jpg

haha! ya man I agree they look so real! figures I get mad bites on all the top patterns I posted above just not the most realistic glue eggs ever!! what is wrong with that picture? lol. thats why I added egg veil to it. maybe it will help. if not maybe add krystal flash to the back as a tail along with the egg veil? keep ya posted. river is flooded now but weathers warmer now cause it was frozen a week or so ago so this is a great sign of spring coming! this flood will bring the fish into spawn! post pix if I get some!

Looks great Mcfly! I would probably do some on the Elk down here when the water levels drops back down. BTW may be up that way next week hopefully but will wait til settle a bit before I do. Need to get away from crap hole down here and go after some real fish instead of pellet fed trouts.

try the ripple crush its the globug with a wrap or 2 of estaz behind it.

also try a small veil of egg yarn in front of your estaz eggs .

sometimes the little things make the difference.

Nothing wrong with what you are tying,White SS was pretty hot on the Grand before the big blowout. If you do beads,Salmon Roe works very well,see ya on the stream.

white sucker spawns do work good! I am gonna be tying some up but I have like 5 or so already tied from last season.

will have to tie up that ripple crush fly. just searched it heres a link. any colors you recommend? http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/ripplecrush.jpg

http://www.leroyflytying.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=1030

hi George in lorain, Im Joe in Medina.

I think Ive seen you on TSS?

maybe we sould fish together sometime...

Joe

hi George in lorain, Im Joe in Medina.

I think Ive seen you on TSS?

maybe we sould fish together sometime...

Joe

used to post over there awhile back. ya man thats cool If the river is fishable I am usually out there fishin!! can't wait for the rivers to drop and get good so I can fish for some steelies!