Fly Tying
Cheri

My little corner.

Went looking for the "show us your bench" thread and can't find it. (So if someone needs to move this post there that would be great. Thank you!)

I finally took a couple of pix of my little corner. My Bill (:wub: who I admit spoils me) made the bench with the return (for tools), the shelf and the spool holder. The raised stand in the center of the desk held my old c-clamp vise.

All my goods are stored in two old style suitcases.

post-25345-1268581434_thumb.jpg

post-25345-1268581454_thumb.jpg

Very nice Sheri.. I love the table. I wish I could have a similar table made for me but about 5 times larger to hold all my mess. Currently I am working from about the same amount of space, but on a large office desk that is about 5' x 7'... Figure that one out!!! :wallbash:

Maybe I should clean some of the junk off my desk and i'd have a great work station. PLUS I might find the other half of my laptop :P

I will post some pictures also once I find my camera.. Also on this desk somewhere.

Cheri, sweet looking set up you have there! I have to agree with FlatzFatz, Bill certainly rocks! Superb woodworking! :D

Went looking for the "show us your bench" thread and can't find it. (So if someone needs to move this post there that would be great. Thank you!)

I finally took a couple of pix of my little corner. My Bill (:wub: who I admit spoils me) made the bench with the return (for tools), the shelf and the spool holder. The raised stand in the center of the desk held my old c-clamp vise.

All my goods are stored in two old style suitcases.

A clean tying area. I think mine was like that the day I got my first vise. :rockon:

Ain't love a many splendid thing, Cheri? Suitcases, eh? Now that would consolidate a lot of material into a central storage area. That's a brilliant idea!

I confess I cleaned up for the picture. :P But with two border collies and a curious cat, I have to keep it cleaned up when I am not tying.

Hub, thanks! They look nice and I can leave them out in the livingroom next to my bench, it works.

I confess I cleaned up for the picture. :P But with two border collies and a curious cat, I have to keep it cleaned up when I am not tying.

Hub, thanks! They look nice and I can leave them out in the livingroom next to my bench, it works.

Awww... Border collies are the bestest hounds ever!

I envy your spartan neatness. And is that a lazy susan holding your bobbins? How cool!

Thanks! It's round that Bill cut, stacked and raised then mounted off to the side of the main desk, he drilled holes across the top for my tools and bobbins.

post-25345-1268604600_thumb.jpg

post-25345-1268604620_thumb.jpg

Those are some really nice cases. Border collie hair makes really fine flies. Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean you should do any harm to your dogs, but they do require some brushing to keep their coats cleaned out, and the fur and hair from the comb will make some very interesting flies. My buddy has a couple of collies, and I tie up flies from the fur. It a whole new way to take your dog fishing.

Those are some really nice cases. Border collie hair makes really fine flies. Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean you should do any harm to your dogs, but they do require some brushing to keep their coats cleaned out, and the fur and hair from the comb will make some very interesting flies. My buddy has a couple of collies, and I tie up flies from the fur. It a whole new way to take your dog fishing.

Hahahaha :hyst: that's pretty good