Fly Tying
TitanFlies

Music Taste

listen to a variety from heavy metal to 70/80 bands.......My all time fav though is IRON MAIDEN.....love thier music

quite a variety listed here alot of which i like to listen too also....FTG ...Glenn Campbell like a Rhinetone Cowboy..got to see him once at work here.

mike

I'm a lifelong musician, and like a lot of musicians, I listen to just about all genres, the one exception being heavy metal. Just could never warm up to it. Saw Lou Reed a couple of years ago, and he was electrifying. The first Beatles show at Shea Stadium remains my all-time favorite concert. Not so much for the music, (which was hard to hear) as much as for the ground-breaking event that it was. Living in close proximity to Newport has been a stroke of luck, since so many of the greats have played the festivals over the years. Everybody from B.B. King to Janis Joplin to Emmy Lou Harris. Saw Hendrix play live - he was pretty amazing when his equipment didn't blow up, which is what happened most of the time. (Assuming he showed up at all, which was always a crapshoot) Trying to catch Hendrix at his best was like fishing for Atlantic salmon - you came up empty most of the time, but it was a thrill when you finally hooked up. I liked a lot of punk, especially Patti Smith and Blondie. (the real Blondie, not the sanitized Top-40 version) I listen to a lot of guitar music these days: John Hammond, Leo Kottke, lots of blues; Duke Robillard - I knew Duke when we were coming up, and I've followed his career, especially during the Roomful days. One song that I've always loved is George Gershwin's "Summertime." I've been playing it for 45 years, and I never get tired of picking those notes. One of the best songs ever written in any genre. BTW, I wouldn't go to see Neil Young if he was playing in my driveway. The guy who sold him his first guitar should be in prison. IMHO, he's to music what the '62 Mets were to baseball.

The best live performance, and I mean best just good ol ass kicking great music kinda show , was Bruce Springsteen. Have seen him 4 times! I love the Boss!

I seem to be in a class of my own. I enjoy rock and blues and classical and country (and, yes, some opera.) But my real love is jazz. Dixieland, BeeBop, Cool, Progressive... But like someone once said: There's only two types of music- good music and bad music.

I got into this a little late, but this old timer likes to listen to bob dylan, bruce springsteen (especially bluegrass), johnie cash , som willie nelson and john fogerty. doesn't seem to be much mention about john fogerty, surprisingly!!!

have a good one

pat carroll

listen to a variety from heavy metal to 70/80 bands.......My all time fav though is IRON MAIDEN.....love thier music

quite a variety listed here alot of which i like to listen too also....FTG ...Glenn Campbell like a Rhinetone Cowboy..got to see him once at work here.

mike

Iron Miaden is my favorite as well, I even got a tattoo of Eddie from the 7th Son album cover.

Dang you got me started!

I love all kinds of stuff. Rock, indie. classic rock, jazz, blues, a little screamo, some gangsta rap.

My absolute favorite is stuff from the 60's. I love some good protest music! Also love some good acid rock and folk. Grateful Dead, CSNY, the Who, Iron Butterfly, Canned Heat, Jimmy Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Santana, Ravi Shankar, Jefferson Airplane, CCR, Joan Baez...the list goes on and on.

My favorite band is Rush so I like some 70's stuff and a little early 80's. I don't like most 80's stuff. I like some heavier stuff like Wolfmother, Rage Against the Machine, The Fall of Troy, Coheed and Cambria, some classic metal like Sabbath and Dio.

Indie stuff is cool too. Modest mouse is probably my favorite from that genre. Some newer stuff I listen to is stuff like MGMT, Phish, The Mars Volta etc.

Neil Young is also a favorite. Up there with Rush for sure.

Then theres gangsta rap which is pretty much the only rap I'll listen to. I hate mainstream new rap with a passion.

I've also taken a liking to Raggae recently. Bob Marley of course, then Peter Tosh, and Eek a Mouse.

Sorry my list got so long, This topic gets me going!

I've also taken a liking to Raggae recently. Bob Marley of course, then Peter Tosh, and Eek a Mouse.

Sorry my list got so long, This topic gets me going!

Try Coco Tea... they're really good, I like their song, Juju. And I gotta say, I lost a lot of respect for MGMT whrn their new album came out... it was HORRIBLE.

OK will do. That sucks about MGMT. I haven't heard anything from their new album yet. I'll have to listen to a few and see if I lose some respect too. haha

Tiffany. Debbie Gibson. New Kids On The Block. ’N Sync. Hansen.

Milli Vanilli...

Wait. :unsure:

Mike

98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys, NiN, Bonnie Raitt, Beatles, Minnie Pearl.

See what I did there?