Fly Tying
ChuckingFluff

Coolest tying desk

I've been looking for a new desk for tying and came across this. It's used old, in rough shape and the guy want $400 for it but it may be a good project to make on my own for tying. Not my pictures but thought I would share it anyways.

post-23253-1268764638_thumb.jpg

post-23253-1268764647_thumb.jpg

post-23253-1268764661_thumb.jpg

post-23253-1268764671_thumb.jpg

post-23253-1268764679_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me, Ian. Like you said, maybe build one yourself so you can

re-design and modify everything to better suit your tying and material storage needs.

Mike

Hi ChuckingFluff

That's quite the desk, though I'd think setting up and putting away each time would be time-consuming.

Tim

Hi ChuckingFluff

That's quite the desk, though I'd think setting up and putting away each time would be time-consuming.

Tim

That something to think about if I go ahead and make something similar. Most of the time I only take out what I need, may be 8 materials at most and I always put it back in storage when I'm done for the night.

Fluff-

That is a really cool looking desk - very interesting design... kinda a cross between a slant-top/fold down/hutch/secretary...they put it all in that piece! Any idea what it was used for originally ?

Some great ideas in there for when I make my desk here in the next year or so. I've been gathering, and gathering, and gathering ideas to fully trick out my tying / home office space. I could see a design like that working very well for setting up for a tying session, then just pushing it back into it's "box" and closing it up till you can finish, without having to put it all away.

That is one of my biggest goals in building my dedicated tying area... to be able to bring out what I need to tie a pattern, maybe knock out 6 or so flies, then be able to leave it all set up, but hidden and out of sight so the place doesn't look like a trash heap (I tend to be very messy :P). Then come back to it a few hours or days later..whatever the situation dictates, drop the front and pick up right where I left off!

Thanks for posting that up!

Bob

Fluff-

That is a really cool looking desk - very interesting design... kinda a cross between a slant-top/fold down/hutch/secretary...they put it all in that piece! Any idea what it was used for originally ?

Thanks for posting that up!

Bob

I don't know much about it other than it's teak and Danish. My best guess is it's a writing/sectretary desk in a cabinet design.

Where is it located? I might be interested if it doesn't cost much more to ship it.

Teak? for $400 bucks? Buy it you would spend more in materials and time making one yourself.

I think the price is right....looks very nice......he should have put some caster wheels on it. For $400 you can't go wrong....plus a trip to Ontario to pick it up might mean a side trip to go fishing