Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mfick

Mohawk

Looking for an image of a dry fly attractor known as the Mohawk. Haven't been able to find it on google, anyone have any knowledge for me?

Thanks guys,

-Mike

have you googled Oliver Edwards and his Mohicain PAtterns? Great dries. Can be a bit complex, but great flies. Is that the still of fly you're looking for?

The Mohawk was developed by Heather Lafontaine, Gary's daughter. Look in his books to find the pattern.

I keep trying to find a good pic, but can't find one on the web. Have been Googling "mohawk attractor fly" and even Heather LaFontaine-Ellison. Finding all kinds of great info, but no pics.....any suggestions. I would love to see this particular fly. Sounds like it would make a great hex fly

even uded Google Images and found zilch. There's a pic out there somewhere, just gotta find it!

by dern it, it does look just like a half finished Goddard Caddis. I like it! Can use that with the smallies in in a 6 or 8.....i like it...will certainly have to research this one.