Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vtflyhack

Articulated Jig Pheasant

I have a question about the articulation. What do you use to bind the front hook to the back hook? I have never tied and articulated streamer before and I think I want to try to tie this fly, but in a wooly bugger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Travis

Thanks for the postive feed back everybody!!!

Travis,

This fly is jointed together by heavy mono 30# the rear hook has a straight eye. The mono is just looped thorugh the eye of the rear hook Then both ends of the mono are fasten to the lead hook. This enables the rear portion to articluate.

vtflyhack

I have a question about the articulation. What do you use to bind the front hook to the back hook? I have never tied and articulated streamer before and I think I want to try to tie this fly, but in a wooly bugger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Travis

Good job on that fly. Travis I use a braided wire that is coated. I get it at Wal-Mart and it works well. I run it through the rear hook eye and bind it down on the front hook and also through the eye of the first hook and bind it all down. It will not come out.

Kevin

I hope that fly is part of eastern fly's articulated swap!!!! Like those multi bait flys!!!

Yep a whole bunch are headed to eastern fly's this week.

vtflyhack