Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

post your fly boxes for trout

nice stuff there.

NJFLYMAN- I fish the gunpowder all the time. probally one of my favorite streams i have always fished.

carlp5351..Thanks for showing us..You have some neat boxes..I'm loving your midge box..Since thats what I'm fishing now... all midges #20 and smaller.

Those are some nice boxes! I love looking at other peoples poppers...mine are slightly inadequate...

If that was posted anywhere but in a Fly Tying thread... :hyst:

Those are some nice boxes! I love looking at other peoples poppers...mine are slightly inadequate...

If that was posted anywhere but in a Fly Tying thread... :hyst:

:hyst: That's pretty good although i never would have thought of that! :hyst: :hyst:

And yes i'm laughing even though the jokes on me.

Side comment....

I had to compact my boxes cuz my vest wasn't big enough for all the boxes... Putting them in the back pouches will get'em with me but not accessable unless go to the bank and disrobe... i can understand dry fly days, midge days, streamer days, etc. but I hate to not have the full choice. So, do you customize a daily box from your montage or what?

Later DL

Side comment....

I had to compact my boxes cuz my vest wasn't big enough for all the boxes... Putting them in the back pouches will get'em with me but not accessable unless go to the bank and disrobe... i can understand dry fly days, midge days, streamer days, etc. but I hate to not have the full choice. So, do you customize a daily box from your montage or what?

Later DL

or fish from a boat? Streamside trailer? Two mules and a sherpa :hyst:

here we go again

Caddisflybox.jpg

Hopperflybox.jpg

Midgeflybox.jpg

Princesandeggsflybox.jpg

Stoneflybox.jpg

Wetfliesannymphsflybox.jpg

CaddisandMayflyflybox.jpg

Miscellaneousflybox.jpg

That is impressive...but how many boxes do you/ can you take to the river with you each day?? I have at least as many flies but I like to assemble a huge assortment in each box. Maybe two or three of an particualr pattern. I could have 12 BWO's-- BUT 4 different versions of them. Again, not criticizing but genuinely curious.

-Searching!

After Flytier grandios display, I feel suddenly inadequate ;)

I thought Pinch Foam was suppossed to hold the Bends of the Hooks?? Who knew! :blink:

Guest Big E
I thought Pinch Foam was suppossed to hold the Bends of the Hooks?? Who knew! :blink:

I wondered when someone was going to say something. :)

Mustav been drunk or something when I filled that one.

Yeah that's it. :lol:

Here are my boxes, taken a few months ago.

First one is my dries, second third fourth fifth and sixth are wets.

I can't remember if I have any nyphms/buzzers lol.

Oh and sorry about the blurry pictures. :rolleyes:

post-15411-1270365437_thumb.jpg

post-15411-1270365458_thumb.jpg

post-15411-1270365483_thumb.jpg

post-15411-1270365505_thumb.jpg

post-15411-1270365530_thumb.jpg

post-15411-1270365553_thumb.jpg

Side comment....

Later DL

i know alot of people including myself like to use the c&f boxes. They are really nice because there are page inserts you can put in most of them that have 1 or 2 sides that can hold more flies. What i am going to do is put my general patterns in the regular box and then put a bit more specialized patterns on a page that can go in and out of the box easily.