Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Rotary Vise poll

Rotary or not?  

773 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just recently made the move to rotary - a Renzetti Traveller - really sweet in my opinion, but then, I've never used any of the others....

i use a nor vise

all the time.i had a renzetti master

but i liked the nor vice better....

i sold the renzetti to a friend and he loves it.

NorVise standard jaws, tube adapter and midge jaws...the auto bobbin is the sweeeeet.

Also have a Renzetti Traveler with Couser arm for travel.

IMO rotary makes tying easier for me.

Danvice, I like the rotary and most other features, I just can't seem to keep from boogering up my jaws...no matter how much I think about not getting too tight on the hook, I still cant stop....if someone would come up with a stouter jaw for the Danvice, I would be in heaven!

take the jaws and heat them up red hot then dump them in oil do this 2 or 3 times no problems after that

honestly?

Just recently made the move to rotary - a Renzetti Traveller - really sweet in my opinion, but then, I've never used any of the others....

just bought that one, pedestal...waiting for it to come in!

all these rotary users. Are you all using automatic bobbins? I started out with a standard rotary and bobbin with bobbin cradle/rest but picked up the auto bobbin when I moved to a NorVise and realized what I was missing Big improvement.

all these rotary users. Are you all using automatic bobbins? I started out with a standard rotary and bobbin with bobbin cradle/rest but picked up the auto bobbin when I moved to a NorVise and realized what I was missing Big improvement.

I some times use my auto bobbin, It is a huge aid with certain tying styles, Although i do tye without some times. It would be awesome if Norm and petijean got together and made a nor petijean auto bobbin.

I only use your average Griffin bobbins with a ceramic insert.

I am using a Terra rotary vise. I love my vise and it is a great vise. Been using it for 2 years plus.

:-)

546279e4.jpg

Just last month bought a Crown rotary vise. Have yet to use the rotary feature, didn't really buy the vise for that reason. So far, I'm very pleased with the crown vise. Tying everything from a 4 to a 22, the self sprung jaws hold the hooks well.

Yes, I know this is a very inexpensive vise but so long as it holds the hooks, I'm pleased!