Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Rotary Vise poll

Rotary or not?  

773 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just picked up a NorVise myself. I can't believe I waited this long to get one. Best purchase I've made since my wife's wedding ring!

I use "True Rotary" and yes there is a differance. True Rotary has jaws that are some way adjustable so the hook shank is allways in-line with the axis of the vise. When you rotate the hook , the shank stays in one place. Doesn't go up and down. Just like lathe. Is great for wrapping chenille, and wire. For example, you can make a Wooly Bugger way faster on a rotary.

I'll challenge anybody to that race. A Nor-Vise is a rotary on steiroids. Really in its own category of rotary. If you want to see the speed of a rotary vise, then go to you tube and watch Norm Norland tie on a Nor-Vise.

SUPER FAST!!!!

Best purchase I've made since my wife's wedding ring!

That's one thing above all others after God himself.

I have a cheapo vise from a kit. I am looking at the peak or the renzetti traveler 2000. What do yall thing of the two vises.I would like to have your thoughts so I can make an informed decision.

I started on a Universal rotary vise in 1966, moved on to a Regal, which I still use occasionally, and recently acquired a Peak rotary, which I like a lot.

I had several different vices. I just switched to a Nor-vise and can't believe how great it is. I won't tie on anything else now. I may even sell my baracudda.

Jeremy

I have a non rotary Regal index that I don't love. I have been thinking about getting a peak rotary vise to make triming the fly easier.

Started on a Cabela's Master vice out of a kit. Actually a very good vice and comes with 3 jaws. Now use a Peak. Need to get the midge jaws.

I've been using a Renzetti Presentation 4000 true rotary since the early '80's. Prior to that I used a Griffin 1A. I would have been using a Traveler after the 1A but either my wife or the owner of that shop in Northville, or both, are the smartest people in the world.

I wrap material, lead and wire with it all the time. The wraps end up nice and tight and consistent unlike when I wrap by hand. In fact, at a tying class our club held just this week some of the students had true rotary vises but were wrapping by hand like the lead instructor did. When I showed them how to use the rotary feature their wraps cleaned right up.

I recently became the owner of a Norvise, another true rotary but with turbo-spin. This thing will take some doing to get cozy with. Whether it's because I'm used to using a conventional vise or because it is so different it will take a lot of patience and time to get me to be comfortable on it. Dubbing on it is a breeze and I am really intrigued with the videos on making dubbing brushes. The automatic bobbin is a remarkable piece of work that I'm just starting to get used to working with but so far it rocks.

I use these.. I made them all myself. As you can see. I like rotary.

SWEET!!