Fly Tying
gpd4

Hopper/Dropper Swap

Hey, I just realized, the people who decide to do one pattern should tie double of that pattern. Otherwise, they will be getting twice their share of flies, for only one of their flies. This wouldnt be fair for everyone.

what does everyone else think?

Joe

Charlie Boy Hopper and Copper John

Glad to have you aboard!

Hey, I just realized, the people who decide to do one pattern should tie double of that pattern. Otherwise, they will be getting twice their share of flies, for only one of their flies. This wouldnt be fair for everyone.

what does everyone else think?

Joe

I certainly see where you're coming from, but I can't ask that of everyone. I changed the 'rules' of the swap to let in those who only want to, or are only able to, tie either the dry or the wet fly. I have no problem giving up 24 of my own for 12 of someone else's. There's gold out there - sometimes you have to pay for it.

My idea for this swap was more for the idea of the combination of flies that is effective for everyone else. I KNOW what I use. I want to know what everyone else uses. I figure what shows up here in the end will act as a guide, not only for for the fly pattern, but the whole rig. I really like an EHC with a 16 or 18 black/silver zebra. I like a foam winged hopper with a 16 or 18 white/gold zebra or a nymph pattern I came up with. In the long run, it doesn't really matter at all what I like - it's all up to the fish!

Sending out 24 flies and getting less than that back might seem like a bum deal, but what if you get that 'magic' pattern in there? What's that worth? I have found few better things than being "that guy" that's the only one catching fish. There is more fishing knowledge on this board than on any trout dock or lodge on the planet - because everyone is finally in the same place, and after the same goal. We all want to catch fish.

If you're only tying one pattern, a pair per person would be great - but I'm not going to say it's mandatory. If the numbers at the end are really lacking, I'll throw in an extra for everyone.

I'm in, if you take Continentals. I don't have American stamps or IRC so we must Paypal or compensate with extra flies or materials or whatever. What are yor thoughts on that. Permission pending I'm thinking of a Klinkhammer with a tiny goldhead flymph.

Grtzz

Sjo

I'm in, if you take Continentals. I don't have American stamps or IRC so we must Paypal or compensate with extra flies or materials or whatever. What are yor thoughts on that. Permission pending I'm thinking of a Klinkhammer with a tiny goldhead flymph.

Grtzz

Sjo

We'll figure something out. Glad to have you!

Can I join in with a #18 WD50 and #18 red hot? That's 24 flies total, that I'll tie up for this swap..

Sounds good! Thanks for joining.

I'll hop in...Fishy Fullum Hopper with a TBD dropper fly.

Thanks for hosting.

Thom

Ah - another TBD dropper... Looking forward to seeing them!

Count me in will start tying as soon as i finish up my other swaps. Will let you know on patterns.

Count me in will start tying as soon as i finish up my other swaps. Will let you know on patterns.

You're in! When you decide what you're going to tie...inquiring minds want to know...

I don't want to sound like an idiot but what is the bump thing?

adding a reply (any reply) 'bumps' the thread to the top of the pile...