Fly Tying
ColonelMel

"Original" Pattern Swap

Got mine in the mail yesterday as well. Looks like a great bunch of bugs. I especially liked Mrs. Hub's and Floyd's.

Thanks everyone!!

I got to the water on Thurs and tried the frog in a local lake around some stick ups by the boat ramp and second cast in caught a bass. Thanks I didn't get to try anything else I had the little one on my hip and a storm came up so we had to pack up. Thanks again everyone and Col. Mel for hosting

Paul I fished your frog yesterday in Bill Skilton's lake in Mt Holly Springs, PA . I did real well with it and landed about 8 bucket mouths up to 12 inches or so. The real producer however was that black tarantula you tied up for me in the past. I landed 6 bass and about a dozen monster gills, including the catch of the day,,,,, a sweet 16 inch LM right at the edge of of a lilly pad. I had cast it and was sort of daydreaming looking at the pads and BAM, the water exploded and he turned quick to get into the pads. Some quick side pressure action kept me out of trouble and I brought this big boy in. He had swallowed it so deep the hook was at least an inch behind that "tongue" in their mouths.

The tarantula didnt work as well in the shallow end of the lake or maybe it was due to the clearing sky and mid afternoon sun, but I switched to the frog and was amazed that I was still about to get another 8 or so fish at mid day on top water flys. Two flys fished all day and I couldnt tell which was the Bosser Boss Fly. I liked the action on the frog too, as it dove on stripping action and popped with rod twitches. Landed upside down a bit but it was easily righted with one or two twitches.

Got mine in the mail yesterday as well. Looks like a great bunch of bugs. I especially liked Mrs. Hub's and Floyd's.

Thanks everyone!!

Thanks I hope you catch fish on it. I fish for the big gills with that foambug but I have had a number of good size bass hit it. Last year I had one tied in black and blue and lost two really nice largemouths in a local lake here in Kentucky. I enjoy fishing the foambugs when I am not slinging the poppers.

Thanks again hope everyone enjoys theirs and catches some fishes.

Jamie-FF13

Paul I fished your frog yesterday in Bill Skilton's lake in Mt Holly Springs, PA . I did real well with it and landed about 8 bucket mouths up to 12 inches or so. The real producer however was that black tarantula you tied up for me in the past. I landed 6 bass and about a dozen monster gills, including the catch of the day,,,,, a sweet 16 inch LM right at the edge of of a lilly pad. I had cast it and was sort of daydreaming looking at the pads and BAM, the water exploded and he turned quick to get into the pads. Some quick side pressure action kept me out of trouble and I brought this big boy in. He had swallowed it so deep the hook was at least an inch behind that "tongue" in their mouths.

The tarantula didnt work as well in the shallow end of the lake or maybe it was due to the clearing sky and mid afternoon sun, but I switched to the frog and was amazed that I was still about to get another 8 or so fish at mid day on top water flys. Two flys fished all day and I couldnt tell which was the Bosser Boss Fly. I liked the action on the frog too, as it dove on stripping action and popped with rod twitches. Landed upside down a bit but it was easily righted with one or two twitches.

sounds like a great day on the water with the boss flies I'm glad they produced well for you