Fly Tying
Mickalo

Fly Tyers Dungeon ??

Hi All;

Placed a tax day order April 14th, recieved it April 21st!

Not bad for the mad Scientist.

Wayne

Hi Letumgo & Hot Tuna;

How do you use skeeter fuzz?

Not familiar with a dubbing of that texture.

Wayne

The material comes in a long strand. To use the dubbing, just pinch the fibers at the end and pull some loose. You should get a small whispy pinch of dubbing. The fibers are very fine and will dub very easily on your thread. Use the dubbing for dry fly bodies, emergers, & terrestrial patterns. The texture of the dubbing is similar to silk dubbing, or fine beaver dubbing.

Hi green hackle;

My last order, placed April 14th took 7 days.

Wayne

Hi Ray/Letumgo;

thanks, never used beaver either. Now I know how to use both.

Wayne

Just out of curiosity, what is the average wait for an order. I ordered on the 16th and am still waiting for my first order. Thanks.

My first order took almost 5 weeks but was well worth the wait and I'd order from him again. The longest on another thread was 19 weeks. He's cheap his product is top notch but the times for delivery will change from one to the next. Enjoy

Hi All;

Placed a birthday special order April 26th, received May 1st.

I wonder if the Mad Scientist is able to process orders faster if you've ordered a couple of times. Perhaps the shipping information is in the system allowing him to process and ship faster.

Wayne

I got another order in the mail from him today. Ordered on the 21st. He wasn't kidding when he called it 'wierd deer type hair' Hell of a deal...and bound to inspire great creativity (I have no idea what I'll make with it!) Awesome deal on the dubbing, too!

Hi All;

Placed a birthday special order April 26th, received May 1st.

I wonder if the Mad Scientist is able to process orders faster if you've ordered a couple of times. Perhaps the shipping information is in the system allowing him to process and ship faster.

Wayne

I think it's only faster if he has it in stock. I think the delay comes from when he needs to make more. He's a very busy guy trying to do his best to get a quality product out at a low price.

I also got my order today..I have no clue what to use the "weird" hair for? I have three pieces that I'll give away if anybody wants them? Just PM your Addy and I'll send them out. First post that says "I want them" takes all three.