Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cencalfly

Intruder (Fall Favorite 2)

Really great fly there. I am also seeing some great bass potential there as well, also looks like it would make a great tube fly.

Steve

Sweeeet! I like the "take on a classic "approach. Is that a swapping fly? I just have a couple more to go before mine are done.

Glad you guys like. Thanks :)

Steve – Yeah I think these flies have some great Bass potential too. When I get the time they're going to get some dedicated try outs for Bass. I think that black/purple with a copper body would make a good combo. Tubes seem to be the method of choice now and are probably tied on them more often than shanks or cut streamer hooks. I'm going to have to get set up for tubes.

Carl – It might be a swap fly or it'll be the purple/copper combo I mentioned to Steve. I'm going to tie the body a little slimmer for the swap flies though. I might be sending two different flies for the swap if I don't hear from one of the swappers. I'll post that scenario in the other thread. The "classic" approach has a lot of appeal to me. I've already done some in Freight Train and Coal Car colors. The colors of the classics seem like they would work well. I think it makes sense given the quarry. Have to get to "Intrudifying" some of the old standard swinging patterns. :D

Can you throw up a pic of the purple copper fly too please????? I would greatly appreciate it, I have them tied in the orange as pictured above and in a black red combo as well, I would love to see some other colors.

Steve