Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jagerboy

Hello all

Hey all, I joined some time ago, but haven't posted yet. Just browse at work to get ideas, and there are some great ones floating around here. Fantastic tiers as well! I currently don't have a computer at home, so I can't post patterns yet. I hope to fix that sometime soon, so I can contribute to everyone else as you all have for me.

I'm currently living in southern NY, been tying for probably 12-13 yrs. (off and on, there was a good couple years where I didn't even sit in front of a vice). I love trout & river smallmouth fishing, but my real addiction is Great Lakes salmon & steelhead. Can't get enough, even though I can't make the trips nearly often enough. I still *gasp* throw hardware and bait on occasion and have just gotten into pinning in the last couple years.

Great site, great tiers, great community! Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum! What part of "southern" New York are you from? I'm a transplated New Yorker (Ardsley) now living in central Illinois. Must say I miss the Noo Yawk accent.

Regards,

- Charlie

Lol, not THAT far south! About 1 1/2 - 2 hrs north of the city, around Newburgh. I don't have 'da Noo Yawk accent myself, though I do a good bit of fishing in Westchester county.

Welcome, Jagerboy. Your in good company being from Ny. A lot of great tiers on the board from your area. Love those smallies and fresh chrome myself.