Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Articulated Rattlesnake

Nice Fly Kevin. Is that for your swap?

Rattlesnakes scare me quite a bit more since the periodic cicada hatch a few years back. I was climbing a rock slope to get to the road quicker. I was being careful tapping with a stick as the area is well known for Rattles (Ftown branch, Little J). I was about halfway up when one popped out of its rock home and came within a foot of hitting the brim of my hat. I actually tumbled down the slope, nearly broke a kneecap and ruined a pair of Simms waders.

I don't think it is an actual "snake" pattern, but just a streamer. Is that a Ray Schmidt pattern? Did you use multiple rabbit strips? Love tossin those big uglies for salmon and browns.

Yes it is his pattern. I did use rabbit strips on each side. That i not the fly i an using for the swap although I do like tying articulated flies. You dont catch as many fish but when you do get one it a good one. I did get 12 rainbows 2 weekends ago using an egg and a fly called La Bug. Its a bead head.

Kevin

nice fly

virginia is the only place ive ever been after trout............

hope that takes a lot of fish.

camoham

I have a tail water fishery that runs just a few hundred yards from my house. The upper section is known for a realy big fish. I use a lot of streamers.

Kevin