Fly Tying
dronlee

Fly Fishing Maldives

Very Nice!

Thanks for sharing all those pics.

Looks like you have a great trip set up there. Are you staying on a mother ship at night?

are you doing this self guided?

Thanks Again

Dan

Yes Baiter..

2010.. we plan 8 days for our trip... I have it organized with some help from friend.... We do our own flight booking, contact with the boat owner, confirmed the boat... ... fly there with some of our local food...

It is a very comfortable fishing safari boat... comes with 6 cabin with attached bathroom... plenty of room to move around....come with a very capable captain and 3 crew and a chef.... the only sad thing is no air-cond..

We went to the island every morning for land base fishing... by noon, the crew will have the lunch sent to the island... evening, we went back to boat and have our dinner.. continue doing some fishing at night...

Basically, we eat, sleep, fish all from the boat... and for 8 days... guest how much was the fare.... it's only USD8k

After our trip... the owner of our local Fly tackle shop... Nick of Tacklebox bring another group of Fly Fishers to the same atoll in Maldives.... they landed lots of bonefish...

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

aai.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

Nick him self landed the biggest bone of the trip.... a mama bonefish about 9lbs... or may be more...

aaj.jpg

Hello i am an italian fly angler and i would like to spend sone days of fishing in Maldive islands.

Could you suggest a good zone of fishing, a guide, a lodge an island?

Thanks