Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Benchside reference book

Dont know if this has been posted before but even if it has it deserves to be mentioned again.

I just got this book yesterday and MY GOD i cant believe i have been getting by without it all these years. This book is THE book for tying...i'm sure alot of you have it already but all i can say is if you dont have it then GET IT. I could throw out all my other books and just use this one from now on.

Excellent book!!

SD

I will second that. This is the BEST book for fly tying. If you ever wonder how do I do that, this book will have one or two diferrent ways of doing it. I read this book from cover to cover and still look at it when trying something new. headbang.gif

Art i tell ya bud i could throw away my stack of other tying books and just keep this one and i'd still have twice the info as all the rest..this things a must have, i dont know i must have been living in a cave till now blink.gif wink.gif

I got the first pressing of this book, signed by both authors for about $60.00 when they came out. I REALLY stuck my neck out on this one! $60.00 for a BOOK? My wife thinks this white boy is NUTS! This book is like having the finest tyers in the world who specialize in all aspects of tying at your side! It IS that good!

That said, there isn't one recipe in this book so I wouldn't toss my other tying tomes.

I have it and it's great, but I'm a junkie about books so it probably won't be the last.

Fatman

It's the best tying technique books I know of, and you can learn allot for it.

OSD.

Agreed,

Subscribe to Fly Fishing and tying for 5 years and you get it for free.

Not bad if yo get htae magazine anyhow

Robert

Yes there is a CDrom of the book and i also have that. Personaly i found the CD rom to be a bid hard to navigate myself and the only thing about that is unless your tying station is next to your computer you cant actually refere to it while your tying without printing it out. And printer ink gets a bit expensive after printing all the info you would like to have, but thats just my feelings on the CDrom.

SD

Sign in to follow this