Fly Tying
guppergoo

Moving to Atlanta Area - Suggestions?

Just found out that we are moving to the ATL area from the Nashville area. Wife is looking for suggestions on where to live. It appears that that the Chattahoochee is a pretty remarkable fishery. However, that northern crescent of Atlanta can be pretty pricey to live in. There is the Flint river south of Atlanta and I am rather intrigued but the notion of the Shoal Bass.

We have a little girl growing up that I would like to teach how to fly fish. So having a shorter drive to fishable water would be great! I have a fishing kayak as well.

What are your 2 cents?

I can't help you with "where to live", but that Shoal Bass fishing sounds like a blast......I read the article a couple of days ago.....

Good Luck!

Mike

Just found out that we are moving to the ATL area from the Nashville area. Wife is looking for suggestions on where to live. It appears that that the Chattahoochee is a pretty remarkable fishery. However, that northern crescent of Atlanta can be pretty pricey to live in. There is the Flint river south of Atlanta and I am rather intrigued but the notion of the Shoal Bass.

We have a little girl growing up that I would like to teach how to fly fish. So having a shorter drive to fishable water would be great! I have a fishing kayak as well.

What are your 2 cents?

I am no help for Atlanta, but I am making a trip to murfreesboro in a few weeks, any suggestions of public areas I can get on to fish?

Check out NGTO - a lot of atlanta based fly anglers on there - am sure they will give you all the inside info and opinions you can cope with.

Check out NGTO - a lot of atlanta based fly anglers on there - am sure they will give you all the inside info and opinions you can cope with.

Having a heck of a time getting a login on my registration. It appears that the confirmation email is getting lost somewhere in gmails spam filter....i just know I cant get in! I sent a message to the admin today.

MIKE*A

What type of fishing are you looking for? Wade, boat, bass, trout?

do you have any good places to wade near murfreesboro, I am going to be up there for a work trip in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about trying to find somewhere to fish the stones river.